aberdeen-music

Scottish Christian Party - Music Policy

They're against gay marriage, abortion, the 'demonic' Welsh flag and sex education in schools and for the teaching of creationism instead but they also believe:

that Mechanical Copyright Protection enjoyed by songwriters should be extended to featured recording artists and record producers
that a minimum royalty percentage (the level of which should be decided through consultation with the music industry) should be paid to featured recording artists and producers on exactly the same basis as is currently paid to songwriters

Opinions?

Bizarrely, the leader of the Christian party wrote this song you can listen to while you ponder over these issues:

Guest davetherave

"Demonic Welsh Flag"!!! Cheeky feckers, being as I'm a Welsh Aetheist they wont be getting my vote ;)

We dont need religious fanatics suggesting we go back to victorian attitudes about abortion, sex education and creationism (we share 98% dna with apes)! Me and Mr Smirnoff have been having a quiet evening together so I best stop before this becomes a very long rant :swearing:

Mechanicals are for recordings, not songwriting, per se, I'm almost certain, owned legally by whomsoever paid for the recording. All the shit the're moaning about needs to be agreed in advance, producers often get points, whatever fuck thats worth nowadays. Sounds like their chieftan has a grievance, probably drummer for the White Heather Club, wants his merch rights like Ralph Malph. Happy Days actors are suing for merchandising revenue? What merchandise? | Media | The Guardian