aberdeen-music

Wanted: Bass cab

Finny

Guest texjamm

If your looking for neodymium speakers then this might be of interest. At the moment it only affects new cabs but longer term it will affect second hand prices. I got it from a newsletter sent to me by Bass Direct

"Cost of Neodymium

This week the cost of Neodymium sky rocketed by 100% - this is due to the Chinese, who are the sole producer of Neodymium at present having a huge tax imposed on mining by the government in China. This may have serious repercussions across the MI industry with large increases in Neodymium loaded cabinets inevitable. We shall see how this plays out over the next few weeks and months, but Eminence, who are one of the largest speaker producing companies in the world, shelving many Neodymium speakers projects and the possibility of ceasing try to sell Neodymium design speakers.

It is because of this situation that Bergantino Audio have taken the decision to withdrawn the whole AE range of cabinets with immediate effect. Once the current stocks of AE speakers and cabinets have gone there will be no more for the foreseeable future. I would suggest that if you are considering purchasing one of these class leading cabinets then do so a soon as you can. However there will be new Ceramic loaded cabinets coming soon - watch this space!"

Sorry....didnt mean to hi-jack the thread....heres a legit bumpety bump for ya! :up:

• 2 weeks later...