aberdeen-music

Glasgow Music/Film Fest presents GOLIN LIVE

My employers at the Glasgow Music and Film festival have asked me to promote the following event. I understand this is an Aberdeen forum but I thought it might interest some of you:

Goblin (14+)

Date Showing:

Friday 25 February

Venue:

Arches

Show Time:

19:00

As well as being one of the most important Italian rock bands, Goblin are, alongside the likes of Ennio Morricone, the creators of some of the finest horror film soundtracks ever made. Throughout their career, which spans from 1972 to the present day, Goblin have soundtracked around twenty films, but it is their rescoring of Profondo Rosso, Suspiria and Dawn of the Dead that really forms the basis of their legendary reputation. Ultimately dealing in progressive rock, through their hugely celebrated soundtracks the band explored electronica, tribal rhythms and experimental orchestration, as well as the notorious distorted vocals and terrifying experimental sounds which so perfectly enhanced the on-screen action.

Enjoying a huge resurgence of interest in recent years, particularly amongst the alternative rock, goth and horror film communities, Goblin have reissued many of their classic soundtracks and DVDs of the films they worked on, with Giovanni Aloisio's Goblin La Musica La Paura Il Fenomeno published in 2005.

This live music event is part of the Glasgow Music and Film Festival.

14+ (Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+)