aberdeen-music

Kubica to miss 2011 F1 season.

Lemonade

Grim news.

BBC Sport - F1 - Robert Kubica's F1 career at risk after rally crash

Robert Kubica's Formula 1 career is under threat after his right hand was partially severed in a high-speed rally crash in Italy on Sunday.

:puke:

Hope he recovers fully because he's definitely future world champion material. Sounds bad for him though, he's already got plates in that arm from a previous crash, and he's got multiple fractures in his arm and hand (plus a broken leg). Doctors are fighting to save the functionailty of his right hand.

Such a shame. One more good season and he was poised for a top drive with one of the big teams.

Hope he recovers and at least gets to make a comeback.

Agreed. I expected him to do one more season at Renault then move on to Ferrari to replace Massa. Fingers crossed (ahem) for a full recovery.

It opens up a seat at a fast team for this season though, they have the option of Senna or Grosjean who are their reserves, but for a whole season I could see them snapping up an experienced driver like Heidfeld or someone.

Agreed. I expected him to do one more season at Renault then move on to Ferrari to replace Massa. Fingers crossed (ahem) for a full recovery.

It opens up a seat at a fast team for this season though, they have the option of Senna or Grosjean who are their reserves, but for a whole season I could see them snapping up an experienced driver like Heidfeld or someone.

They should go pinch Hulkenburg from his reserve slot elsewhere. He actually has the pace to use the car.

Think it's his other arm that already has metal in it, but regardless it's a horrific injury and definitely has career ending potential. Best wishes to him and hope he recovers to race again.

Loved his response last week when asked if it was a dream to race for a Lotus team and he said something along the lines of

"Well, they're a sponsor, a partner.

"I could say that it was my dream to drive for Total (another team sponsor).

"If Lotus owned the team then it would be a bit different."