aberdeen-music

Hello! New and looking for fun times!

*P*

Hi!

I'm new to Aberdeen and stumbled upon this forum while looking for bands playing in the area. Thought here would be the place to ask where the best places to spend an evening are and maybe get some tips on local bands and the such!

Any thoughts welcome :]

Hi!

I'm new to Aberdeen and stumbled upon this forum while looking for bands playing in the area. Thought here would be the place to ask where the best places to spend an evening are and maybe get some tips on local bands and the such!

Any thoughts welcome :]

Welcome to Aberdeen!

'What do you like to dance to' is the most basic question I can think of to start, so, er, that? Thankfully, there's a bit of variety around.

Guest idol_wild

Hope you enjoy Aberdeen and the forum. We're all massively sarcastic, pugnacious and patronising, but if you can handle that, you'll be just fine. We're all right, really.

There are loads of regularly gigging bands in Aberdeen. Some of the bands are great, some of them not so great, but you'll ultimately make your own mind up on that. Keep a keen eye on the Gigs & Events sub-forum, as most shows in Aberdeen tend to get posted there, and you can pick and choose at will. You'll soon find out about some of the promoters and bands in Aberdeen.

I think regardless of what your musical preferences are, there's a little bit of something for everyone on a local level in Aberdeen, but if you want specific bands to get you moving, you'd probably be best to do what waltz suggested in the previous post and highlight what you're especially inclined towards, and people will probably start suggesting from there, as there is quite a broad-tasted range of members on the forum.