aberdeen-music

PULSE LIVE - CAFE DRUMMONDS, We hope you like, feedback appreciated!

u40as8

Sorry chaps, but... dulldulldull...

The music is not my cup of tea tbh, and I can see a certain level of competency in your playing, but that's as nice as I can be I'm afraid.There's absolutely no spark to your songs, and even less to your live performance. In fact there's no performance there at all. If I walked in to the pub and saw you just standing there chugging through the songs I'd probably leave again. If you don't even look like you're enjoying yourselves then you can't expect anyone else to. Not saying you need spandex and spinning drumkits, but looking like you're at least a little bit 'involved' would help. Otherwise you'd be better off just sticking a cd player on the stage.

And cut the bio bit too - no-one needs to know that three of you lived in the same Halls. And this - "But with college work and third year assessment work always looming round the corner the challenge is to keep the band going and get their work done on time!" doesn't exactly sell the dream either...

"Fuck that! I want my rockstars dead! I want 'em to fucking play with one hand and put a gun in their other fucking hand and go, "I hope you enjoyed the show. Bang!" Yes! Yes! Play from your fucking heart!..."

It's quite an odd video because there's no atmosphere, but I don't think it's quite as bad as Frosty says. I think the songs aren't necessarily that bad but it's hard to tell one way or the other because (as he correctly pointed out) you're just not selling them.

I do like the solo/guitar work around 3:58 but that's the only thing I heard that really hooked me in. There might be good stuff in there but you really need to decide what the good stuff is and throw the rest out.

You give me the impression of a band who have got over that first (often difficult) hurdle of making it onto a stage but haven't got any further yet. You need to play with more commitment, you look like you're still practising in your bedroom. That doesn't mean you have to be jumping around like idiots or anything but you have to PLAY the song, not let it play you.

Also, why did you change your name from Pulse Detonation to "Pulse" when there's already a band in Aberdeen called "The Pulse"? It's just confusing. It's worth researching these things.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hay guys. Yeah thanks for the feedback. Obviously metal doesn't seem to be your thing but you are right about the fact that we need to put on a better show and sell the songs more. That night was a sunday and it wasn't a very full a venue anyway for there to be much of a crowd response but no more time for excuses. You are absolutely right but were getting there! Thanks for the response though. It just makes us want to go out there after christmas and rock even harder! Also we know there is a band called 'the pulse' in aberdeen but we came up with the name at a time when we never knew. I think our genres are different too. Theres also a band called pulse that plays dance music in new york apparently but at this stage in the game were not giving a monkeys. But your points are all very valid.

Cheers!

Pulse

You're very welcome, and I do still think you're good at what you're doing.

That night was a sunday and it wasn't a very full a venue anyway for there to be much of a crowd response but no more time for excuses.

That means absolutely nothing - just go for it. Think about it, those people turned up to see a band play - make them notice you, catch their attention. You're playing to 20 people, sure, but they're 20 potential fans.