aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Gypsum_Fantastic

Can't wait Boardwalk Empire

Watched this last night. I thought it was brilliant. The first episode seems to have set up everything very nicely and the cast are excellent. Shame I'll have to watch the rest online but it was nice being able to see the first ep on HBO.

Anyone seen episode 2 yet?

I enjoyed it yet again, however of the story lines beginning to develop I'm definitely more interested in the rivalry between the king pins in different cities rather than some of the more "emotional" stuff like the story with Kelly MacDonald's character. Actually I'm not enjoying her very much at all in this. Usually I find her pretty great.

BUT NO OMAR!:swearing:

Episode 3 was the best yet. Some Omar at last and he was great as expected.

Michael Stuhlbarg's character is great, I wish he was in it more. Stuhlbarg's acting is really incredible. I've only seen him in this and A Serious Man, but they are two perfectly delivered performances of completely different characters.

Episode 3 was the best yet. Some Omar at last and he was great as expected.

Michael Stuhlbarg's character is great, I wish he was in it more. Stuhlbarg's acting is really incredible. I've only seen him in this and A Serious Man, but they are two perfectly delivered performances of completely different characters.

Yeah, this is great, really getting absorbed in it.

Good muff shots last night too, the icing on the cake for me.

2 episodes in and loving it so far. Kelly Mcdonald has and always will be a woeful actress though. Looks out of her depth IMO. Buscemi is god!

2 episodes in and loving it so far. Kelly Mcdonald has and always will be a woeful actress though. Looks out of her depth IMO. Buscemi is god!

Agreed on Kelly Macdonald. Can't understand how she keeps getting work.

I think Kelly MacDonald has had some good moments, but I agree that I don't like her much in this. A combination of below par acting and also being one of the poorer written characters I think.

It's been a while nut I remember her being very good in No Country for Old Men.

I don't think she's too bad in this, and she didn't have much to do in No Country For Old Men. But she was woeful in Trainspotting and The Girl in the Cafe,

I've seen neither of those, and yes before anyone tells me I know I should probably see Trainspotting. To be honest with No country for old men I think I was more impressed with her accent than actual acting. I thought she was alright in Intermission and the TV series State of Play.

It didn't. :( There has been some good stuff at times but overall I've actually come to be quite disappointed with this. The main story lines have continued to focus on characters I've failed to become interested in and not enough time has been given to the most interesting characters the show does have. I'll continue to watch to the end of the season, but I've lost most of the hope I had early on.

Wow, couldn't disagree more. Watched ep 11 last night and I really think that this is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. Agent Van Alden's story is great and things are set up for a great climax next week.