aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
kevinpetersen

Whats a good forum for getting feedback about customizing guitars?

ive been playing instraments all my life, and i have a few very nice ones. I am considering changing the pickups on one of my guitars and was wondering what a good forum would be for me to register at, start making posts and get feedback frpm people there. Thanks

Here is actually quite a good site for getting feedback and talking about gear modification as there are quite a few members of this site that have done that sort of thing.

If you're looking into Bareknuckle pickups, they have a forum. Just tell them what sort of sound you're after, and they'll recommend one that'll do the job for you. Fantastic pickups too. They make any other pickups I've used sound quite fizzy and brittle in comparison.

What type of guitar is it? Most guitar makes have a dedicated forum, Les Paul Foru, Gretsch forum etc?

Probably the friendliest and most comprehensive I've come across however is the TDPRI telecaster forum, lots of great people there who will keep you right on just about any guitar.