aberdeen-music

Stuck In There Good And Tight

Stephen

So what albums you finding hard to get outta that cd player of yours? so yea point of this is list those albums and tell us why they been seeing light of day from the player. mines are:

Juliana Theory - Love -> Newest album by these emo punksters but with a twist. this album is more in vein of STP grunge style. Great riffy album with great vocal and guitar melodies galore.

Strung Out - An American Paradox -> Newest album from Fat Wreck punk metal crew. Rukkus indeed with pinch harmonics, metal riffs and soaring vocals everywhere to be seen. Not heard? Be ashamed cause its amazing.

BoySetsFire - Tomorrow Come Today -> Major Label? Yes. Sold Out? Nope. Still as good as ever BSF latest album is must have for anyone who calls themselve a hardcore fan. With heavy guitars teamed with one of best voices in rock today you cant lose.

The Ataris - Blue Skies... -> In my opinion best album they released. Every song is a classic. Pop-punk with emotionally charged lyrics. Ensures that Kris Roe is seen as one of best punk songwritters of recent times.

Thrice - Illusion Of Safety -> 2nd album from them and sees them drop punky edge and go for metal riff and hardcore vocals approach. Done with loads of sucess and is probably one of the best albums of its type out there. Amazingly catchy while still remaining heavy.

So theres my choices. Now lets hear what you kids have been listenin to.

Beatsteaks - Living Tartgets.... Yup, its been in there since early summer and its hardly seen the light of day, Amazing Rock album - not dirty rock, but good old rammones influenced shit with a bit of modernising.

CKy - Volume 1...... Again - has been in the player so long i've almost forgotten what the disc looks like!!! Amazing Tunes from '96 quite bitter beings', 'promicious daughter' and the mellow 'sara's mask'.

Enema Of The State - Speaks for itself.

Originally posted by *~Natalie #1~*

Beatsteaks? Ramones influenced? Huh? I thought they were more chilled out punk kinda thing..

*mutters into the distance*

ramones??

Their influences/fav bands range from sex pistols - clash - rancid - green day - foo fighters - rocket from the crypt..... and they all have input to the songs making them accessible music....

dont just go by 'let me in' or 'summer'

Also their first album 'launched' has a sort of emo thing going on too..... pretty rare band.

Guest Dougal

best nu albums of the mo'

kid koala's new one is nice.

polmo poppo on constellation

dosh on anitcon

JEFF LEWIS on rough trade is shit hot

sixtoo and stigg of the dump's new cd, probably best hip-hop instrumental album of the year.