aberdeen-music

Loop Pedals

fatboy

Guest Gladstone

Does anyone have any experience of the RC-3 pedal? Just wondering if it's as easy to use as the RC-2 really. It seems to have the same features but with more recording time and slightly more capabilities. I've been trying to bid on RC-2 pedals on ebay, but not really getting anywhere. There's a seller punting new RC-3 pedals for about £111-112, which is about the price of new RC-2 pedals on most places, so I'm fairly tempted.

Was trying to pinch a used RC-2 for about £80 but even the used ones are generally going for about £95 (and some for the same price as new ones, which is a bit stupid really).

That RC50 looks insane, I have the original pedal RC20XL which I always thought was great, but not very practical. I've never tried attaching other foot switches to it for shifting phrases etc.

I used to find it really muddy though until I started using it in a FX loop instead of straight into my amp....that works a million times better and the layers can all be heard very clearly and don't mush up when you pile on the distortion...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Gladstone

So, purchased an RC-3 and had a really quick shotty at band practice last night - think it's going to be an amazing wee toy once I get to grips with it. Will need loads of fucking about/practice time with it at home though.

Guest Gladstone

Can someone explain in very simple language how you work a looping pedal (i.e. the RC 3) with a footswitch (i.e. the FS 6)?

The one potential issue I saw from my very brief shotty of my new RC 3 last night was having to double click the pedal to stop the playback. Does the footswitch get round this? I.e. can you play a simple click on/off of a recorded loop / sample? And presumably two at the same time because the FS 6 has two pedals?