aberdeen-music

Iann Robinson (ex-MTV metal VJ) Vs Atreyu

Afro Droid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

behaviour breeds behaviour my old pal...

what the hell is this meant to mean?

and in reference to dan's post about relevence, surely relevence isn't personal as it's if it has any relation to the topic under discussion . dedalus and our style of music have no relevance(sp? is it with 3 e's or 2? hmm) on a discussion about hardcore music being stale because we aren't a hardcore band, fuck knows what we are but it's not hardcore. unless anyone here thinks we're a hardcore band? okay we're inspired by some hardcore bands(black flag, fugazi, rites of spring) but we certianly don't sound like them so why would anyone bring us up in a discussion about hardcore bands?

but back to ben, man i really am sick of all this shit. i've given you the benefit of the doubt numerous numerous times because we've been friends for ages but this is just daft. how many times will you just attack people because you don't agree with them instead of discussing things properly? why can't you admit when you're wrong? i don't mean about the hardcore argument but about bringing dedalus into an argument that didn't concern them.

Guest highroller

i retract all my statements...im wrong...(i quite often admit when im wrong...something i pride myself on.) Im a bad man...everyone look at the bad man..there he goes...the horrible nasty man...

But surely that's what the article's driving at?

He said 'Fuck Metallica and fuck Black Sabbath. Those aren't my roots so I don't care'

Well regarding the guy from Atreyu saying fuck "metallica and sabbath" - I think that is a little stupid.

"I don't like metallica" would have been more credible, and fair enough - but he probably said what he did to provoke a reaction.

Guest highroller

No...he probably said it like that as he is fed up of people telling him he should like this and should like that...i can relate.

I think Atreyu have a much more rock and roll attitude than most of the bands that pretend to be rock and roll and are about as rock and roll as a dead kitten...

No...he probably said it like that as he is fed up of people telling him he should like this and should like that...i can relate.

I think Atreyu have a much more rock and roll attitude than most of the bands that pretend to be rock and roll and are about as rock and roll as a dead kitten...

A dead kitten would be pretty rock and roll if ozzy had just bitten it's head off!

what the hell is this meant to mean?

and in reference to dan's post about relevence' date=' surely relevence isn't personal as it's if it has any relation to the topic under discussion . dedalus and our style of music have no relevance(sp? is it with 3 e's or 2? hmm) on a discussion about hardcore music being stale because we aren't a hardcore band, fuck knows what we are but it's not hardcore. unless anyone here thinks we're a hardcore band? okay we're inspired by some hardcore bands(black flag, fugazi, rites of spring) but we certianly don't sound like them so why would anyone bring us up in a discussion about hardcore bands?

but back to ben, man i really am sick of all this shit. i've given you the benefit of the doubt numerous numerous times because we've been friends for ages but this is just daft. how many times will you just attack people because you don't agree with them instead of discussing things properly? why can't you admit when you're wrong? i don't mean about the hardcore argument but about bringing dedalus into an argument that didn't concern them.[/quote']

Firstly, I think you meant 3 e's or 4 :) I think it has 3.

About relevance... I think you may be right about a band not concerned with a genre not being relevant, i.e. Dedalus not being relevant in a conversation about Hardcore. If that's what you were getting at?

However my point about relevance was more to do with music in general, and that is if a band is relevant to you - who has the right to tell you otherwise?

About relevance... I think you may be right about a band not concerned with a genre not being relevant' date=' i.e. Dedalus not being relevant in a conversation about Hardcore. If that's what you were getting at?

[/quote']

That's it exactly. Why did Ben slate Dedalus in a conversation about hardcore which, so far, hadn't involved that band? There was no justification within the context of this thread for bringing Dedalus in and attacking them, and it certainly wasn't a good way to illustrate a point.