aberdeen-music

iphone repairs? (water damage)

ZeromiserY

dropped my aye'phone in the sink the other day.

dried it out for 3 days and plugged it in. not a thing, no blinking, smoke or anything. just dead.

i turned it off within seconds of dropping it in but since its sealed up like a cocoon i couldnt take the battery out. it turned itself off and on for a few hours (white screen with water behind it blinking on and off) then died.

anyone got any ideas?

i know about the water damage indicators that are built in so i cant have it replaced,

looking to either fix it myself or have it repaired.

anyone had their iphone repaired for water damage or anything else?

dropped my aye'phone in the sink the other day.

dried it out for 3 days and plugged it in. not a thing, no blinking, smoke or anything. just dead.

i turned it off within seconds of dropping it in but since its sealed up like a cocoon i couldnt take the battery out. it turned itself off and on for a few hours (white screen with water behind it blinking on and off) then died.

anyone got any ideas?

i know about the water damage indicators that are built in so i cant have it replaced,

looking to either fix it myself or have it repaired.

anyone had their iphone repaired for water damage or anything else?

Got your own home insurance that covers loss, damage etc?

If it was on when it was submerged, it was probably dead from that moment.

If it wasn't, you probably didn't wait long enough for the drying. In any case, being unable to physically disconnect the battery probably sealed its fate.

Either way, there isn't really a civilian fix to it - these days for most consumer electronics are so integrated (and complex) that all even the official repair types do is swap out whole circuit boards.

it was indeed on when it hit went *into the drink* (thank you takeshi's castle....you complete me)

and i don't have home insurance being 'between permanent addresses'.

i spoke to the wifie in the O2 shoppie today. she said they've sent out 2 water damaged iphones which both came back "beyond economical repair as they are too well sealed and corrode very quickly because of this" (thank you for the well informed and robotic response)

going to add it to my insurance with the bank and wait a week. worst they can say is "no" i guess. (its just phone insurance, a perk of upgrading my bank account)

will update you as/when anything happens.