aberdeen-music

Hazlehead Parkland Development

chilli

Its just the lack of unbiased info so those of us not directly connected with the project/area can make our own minds-up that gets me.

thats because the council moved very quickly into the confidential tendering process

BEFORE any public consultation took place, so any proper debate couldn't

disclose the FULL facts of the proposed development & any add-ons.....

worrying times

thats because the council moved very quickly into the confidential tendering process

BEFORE any public consultation took place,

Is that not a matter for the urgent attention of one of the regulatory/standards bodies?

Its not on the website yet but I see BBC Aberdeen were reporting that the develpers have apparently dropped their interest in the second pacel of land FTM.

Is this good or bad?

Straight from the top:

The decision has been defered for 6 weeks while the proposals from the private consortium are looked over. These proposals intend to "turn it into a global attraction" Councillors decided that the matter should be deferred for six weeks to allow for further negotiation, scrutiny and analysis. A final decision will be made after this time.

So now you know.

• 4 weeks later...

So, no money after all - Can't say I'm in the least bit surprised.

This more than anything is what pisses me off about developers - So much is done on speculation and fluff.

They should be financially transparent and able to demonstrate a sound financial base before they get started on the process IMO.

And their pals in the media and council should have the common sense to verify their liquidity before going in over their heads with them. :rolleyes:

Well done Chilli! :)