aberdeen-music

Are we Chin Stroking Zombies - Wire Ltree review

ragudave

http://www.wireviews.com/reviews/live_reviews/0404_uk_aberdeen_pf.html

On a typically damp and dreary night in the Granite City, Wire's pulsating performance was greeted with painful indifference from the chin-stroking zombies who turned up to watch them rip through most of Send and Read and Burn.

Unbelievably, Wire sound more exciting and fresh now than in their critical heyday of the late '70s. Shame no-one told the knuckle-draggers of the North-East.

A slightly harsh review me thinks ? Or was everyone there, including myself a chin stroking zombie ?

Dave

Well, despite the ear-bleedingly overly loud sound I thought everyone in the first show responded really well to Wire. The reviewer was obviously in the second show, which was (if I remember correctly) over an hour late and had forced many Wire fans to stand up stairs waiting missing most of The Liars in the process. Never the best thing to do to help an audience's mood.

That'll be my fault. I was too busy trying to avoid the young gentleman playing air guitar to my left to do anything other than stroke my chin.

I mean' date=' air guitar? Thoroughly un-dugga behaviour, I thought.[/quote']

Air geetar at a Wire gig - no way, thats worse than asking Faust to play requests !

Guest Neubeatz
i missed the wire gig but i imagine the reveiw is an accurate reflection of an aberdeen crowds reaction to anything thats not in the ASDA chart

heh, ma fannys mingin'..... its a' dreepin' 'punk'n'puth' oot eh fuckin' ho'.... am fuckin' sayin,... RIGHT!!! :up: