aberdeen-music

Karloff support the MISFITS in Belfast

Rob Karloff

To my dismay I have to non-go to this as work won't give me the time off which usually I'd try and find a way round but I don't think I'll get a passport in time :(

Really disappointed but since the extra gigs will most likely require a passport it seems I'll have to miss out. Have a great time anyways guys. I'm sure you'll kick ass :up:

What would you need a passport for? Are they playing in (Republic of) Ireland? If so, there's not a fucking thing as you cross the border - we roamed around South Armagh (the most militarised area of Western Europe) without having been stopped once - literally the only sign you've crossed the border is that the road seems cheaper and the lines are a different colour, along the road signs - but there's no signs saying "welcome to Ireland" or whatever..

What would you need a passport for? Are they playing in (Republic of) Ireland? If so' date=' there's not a fucking thing as you cross the border - we roamed around South Armagh (the most militarised area of Western Europe) without having been stopped once - literally the only sign you've crossed the border is that the road seems cheaper and the lines are a different colour, along the road signs - but there's no signs saying "welcome to Ireland" or whatever..[/quote']

I believe they're playing Northern Ireland after the Republic of Ireland or vice versa. Either way I think I need a passport. If I didn't then I'm fucking there but I believe that being stranded overseas with Karloff needing to go to a gig and me being unauthorised sucks more than being too drunk to move out of the way of a raging drunkard with chips, cheese and SCALDING gravy on Market St. :(

Guest Andrew Griswold

Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Therefore, UK citizens (i.e. you, me, Karloff) don't need passports to get in or out.

The Republic of Ireland/Eire is not part of the UK but if they stopped every N. Irish person who crossed the border they'd have no time to sup Guinness or blow things up. There are no border patrols, checkpoints, armed guards or highly-trained snipers looking for pesky UK citizens trying to go 'down south'. Well, not any more.

Anyway, Karloff aren't playing Eire so that last paragraph is irrelevant.

Half the ex and current Dangerfields don't have passports and we play Eire all the time.

Basically - get your ass over here, you wretch!

I just wondered if it was staying the same after the cancellation of the dates that were to be played that brought about the passport problems that killed the cat that ate the corpse :p

Hmmmmm I get paid on Friday but Asda seem a bit iffy about me getting next weekend off despite there being shedloads of us on the two remaining counters. Have to see if I can go down this week and try and sweet-talk Jenny into letting me away or other colleagues about covering me shifts...