aberdeen-music

microphone help!

delboy

bah would you credit it, just started on my first nu lo fi unlistenable recordings in over four years (bar some half finished stuff last year that got scrapped) and my fecking microphone has packed up on me (i did 'borrow' it from northsound so what do you expect????)

can anyone recommend a decent but cheap mic for four track recording? or is anyone selling one? or better still does anyone have a spare one lying around that they could give to a good home?

CLS often have a bunch of spares that they sell for around 50 quid, usually sm57s, don't know if they do sm58s for sale. speak to ian about it.

i got an sm58 off ebay for about 60 quid about 18 months ago.

ebay is a good place to buy if you are on a budget, because there's so many for sale that many just get ignored and never get high bids.

Del Buy a Sennheiser evolution. They are like really cheap at the moment (under 50) or ask Jimi at CLS about the behringer SM58 copies. They are quite good. I bought some off him last year. I think they were about 40.

Badger

PS. where were you at Go North? I missed you not propping up the bar(s)!

thanks for your help, i'll borrow one off soundian (never asked cos i havent seen ya, not been out since last monday! and it packed in on tuesday).

i gave gonorth a miss this year badger for that exact reason, my finances cant stretch to propping up a bar at the mo!

thanks for your help' date=' i'll borrow one off soundian (never asked cos i havent seen ya, not been out since last monday! and it packed in on tuesday).

i gave gonorth a miss this year badger for that exact reason, my finances cant stretch to propping up a bar at the mo![/quote']

Well you were sorely missed. You doing Glassel this year??