aberdeen-music

Funk Band? Would be great! - please read

bubinja

I am a drummer with an obsession for Soul & Funk music. Would love to start a Funk/Soul covers band. Looking for like minded bass, guitar, vocals, keys (and any other that will make it funky)

Nothing better than being out, going into a pub and a band is playing groovy tunes. (Doesnt happen much usually ear bleeding loud metal etc!)

I reckon it would go down well and we would get lots of gigs from it. I am prepared to do the groundwork to get gigs etc. Just need some committed people (no one up their own arse). 25+ funky tunes and we are off. We could learn that in a couple of months.

If interested let me know. Paul 0786 609 8782, email or reply to post

i would be down for playing a bit of the funk, but why play tunes that have already been written? I would be really up for joining you in a funky venture where we come up with our own jams, maybe throw in a cover every now and then. I've been playing guitar for 11 years now and i enjoy playing funk the most. Stuff like parliament and the meters.

Perfect!! I play bass and I'd be right up for this. I've been into this sort of music-Tommy McGhee,Detroit Sex Machines,Cold Blood- for a few years now but never thought the opportunity to play in this style of band would arise. My first few bands were more rock-pop orientated but i'd love to give this a go.

If your keen to give me a go just give me a shout.

• 2 months later...