aberdeen-music

Web Hosting

framheim

I don't have a scooby what i'm looking for but I need dedicated web hosting as i'm planning to make my website more serious in the next year or so and start selling from it. at the moment i use spare space that chris has but as a result there's very little in the way of support.

so, anyone got any tips? who's the best to go with? I just need them to host it as I can handle the design myself and i already have a domain name.

current website is at David Officer Photography if that helps you understand my requirements. i don't see it becoming vastly different from that just with a new frontpage and paypal integration. The galleries would be updated more often and there will be ones for clients only too.

i don't mind paying for quality and support.

What exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for a web host or a web developer/designer? Because it seems what you are asking for is someone to enhance your web site.

You don't need dedicated web hosting by the way, although your idea of dedicated web hosting and my idea might differ. When someone says "dedicated" web hosting they are usually referring to paying for a dedicated web server for their one web site. Normally web sites are hosted on shared servers.

sorry, i thought i was quite clear. i did say i just need them to host it as i can handle the design guess the other stuff i waffled on with may have fudged that a bit.

yea i probably won't need a dedicated server for just my site. as you can tell, i know fuck all about this stuff hence why i need advice.

i have no idea how much space i'll need or bandwith or any of that stuff.

sorry, i thought i was quite clear. i did say i just need them to host it as i can handle the design guess the other stuff i waffled on with may have fudged that a bit.

yea i probably won't need a dedicated server for just my site. as you can tell, i know fuck all about this stuff hence why i need advice.

i have no idea how much space i'll need or bandwith or any of that stuff.

It's all witchcraft I tell thee