aberdeen-music

Shopping for specs

Lemonade

Well, that doesn't make sense, but I guess you know best that you haven't missed out on anything through fifteen years of chosen imperfect eyesightfor the sake of 50 quid.

Clunky sentence I know, probably a bit like your vision.

There were no cheapo spec shops during that 15 years so it would've been quite a bit more than 50. As previously stated my eyesight isn't that bad anyway, no problem watching TV etc.

Anyway, I thank you for your concern over my optical health but since I'm an adult and perfectly capable of making my own decisions you should maybe stop there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just to bump this thread & say that I have just taken delivery of a set of a nice new pair of specs from this lot:

Discount Eyeglasses online – Prescription eyeglasses & Prescription Sunglasses, Reading glasses

My spec lenses - In hiigh index (thinner), with photochromatic & the various other coatings for just over thirty quid! :)

Specsavers wanted somewhere over two hundred pounds for a not dissimilar set - Although their frames might have been a bit better quality.

Took just over two weeks from submitting the prescription online to getting the finished article back.

For UK-based firms, this one also looks interesting & dead cheap - from @10.50 incl delivery. Might take a basic pair to try/have as a spare:

Glasses Spectacles glasses Anti-Reflection Coats Standard Lens High Index Glasses Tints

:)