aberdeen-music

John Peel to play another Scottish date

ragudave

Originally posted by delboy:

he said he was offered aberdeen as part of tryptch but the journey home was too long and i know he avoids flying if he possibly can.

then again if its a one off who knows?

Well if we can tempt Peelie with a great line up maybe he will do a mini tour up here...

seeing him upset lots of people with self-consciously assymetrical haircuts and ironic trousers by playing status quo and lots of nosebleed gabba was one of my triptych highlights!

i had to keep my distance though. I once drunkenly swore a sacred oath as saying that, if I speak to him, I'll kiss his baldy head and get him to write "John Peel - King of Rock" somewhere on my person ... then it's off to the nearest tattoo parlour

he did a wanker sign at me and my mates once. it was a charity football match at the abbey stadium home of my beloved cambridge united between BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio Cambridgeshite, he was playing on the left wing and me and my mates kept chanting 'everton, everton' at him all through the first half. to which he looked at us put on a wry smile and did a wanker sign.

i've also got a message on my answer machine left by the great man himself...

i had to keep my distance though. I once drunkenly swore a sacred oath as saying that, if I speak to him, I'll kiss his baldy head and get him to write "John Peel - King of Rock" somewhere on my person ... then it's off to the nearest tattoo parlour

Each to their own Colin...