aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
KarmaTsunami

Word Festival 2008

Welcome to Word

so the line-up was announced and there are some crackers this year! i've got tickets for Alasdair Gray, James Kelman, JackieKay/King Creosote and Mark Millar which I'm really looking forward to.

I'm glad I didn't mention that I'd rather read Civil War over How Late It Was, How Late on my PhD funding form....that said Kelman's new one is pretty damned good!

Anyone else going to any of the events?

They have asked me what I can bring to the festival...I've no idea how to reply - I've not been told what kind of employment is available, so how can I big myself up about it?

I have no idea about that - In my case, it was more a case of them coming after me as there were few enough people round here with the right skills & bits of paper to meet all the H&S regs. :D

Most of the staff are engaged in stewarding, informing & helping work, so I would imagine that empathising your charm & interpersonal skills, accuracy & extreme long-sufferingness might help?

Most of the staff are engaged in stewarding, informing & helping work, so I would imagine that empathising your charm & interpersonal skills, accuracy & extreme long-sufferingness might help?

Cheers for the pointers, I'll fashion my reply out of them this evening :)