aberdeen-music

tindersticks

qzdiablo

today in film class we watched claire denis' "trouble everyday". it was rubbish. it featured an explicit scene in which vincent gallo masturbated furiously and ejaculated onto a mirror. no one needs to see that!

however, i rather enjoyed the soundtrack of the film. it was by tindersticks, a band i've seen referred to in print/name-dropped often but know very little about. does anyone on here know more about this band? enough to perhaps recommend to me a particular tindersticks record? a "place to start", so to speak.

I'd agree with Dave, and would recommend their second self-titled album as the best starting place (featuring the band in black and white, dressed in hald-finished suits). "Can Our Love" is probably my least favourite, which is all relative given I don't think they've released a truly 'duff' album.

"Working For The Man", their compilation album, is pretty damn good - Especially if you get the bonus disc version with the rarities and b-sides. It would give you a great taster, but when you find songs you like go get the original albums - there's a wealth of great music on pretty much all of them.

Also, Stuart Staple's solo stuff is worth checking out too!

Guest bluesxman

All their albums are pretty good, but they've never bettered the debut for me. That's the one with the flamenco dancer on the cover.

The 'Working For The Man' compilation is a good starter to get a taste for a spread of their material.