aberdeen-music

[GIG] Vocoustics Presents: Erinn Williams (L.A.) + Sarah J Tingle + Panda Eyes @ The Tunnels

Vocoustics Present for the first time in Scotland a former opera student turned alternative pop songstress.....

Erinn Williams + Sarah J Tingle + Panda Eyes

Thursday 13th March

The Tunnels

4 from 8pm

Vocoustics.com

http://www.myspace.com/ vocoustics

Erinn03.jpg

Erinn Williams

http://www.myspace.com/ erinn

Erinn Williams

Erinn Williams mixes a unique blend of opera, indie, folk and electronica into a heady blend of layered poetic lyrics atop haunting yet powerful guitar lines. There is an intimacy and delicacy in her songs that hide an angst-ridden rage bubbling under the surface all underpinned by the dramatic power of her operatic education and her vast vocal range.

Listen to Dirty, it's dirty like the earth is dirty, but warm and nourishing.... music is my vice to find a higher place, and a better understanding of this beautiful and messed up World.... (EW)

Hailing from Missoula (Montana) she recently relocated to L.A. to advance her career and hone her songwriting skill. She has since released her debut album and had her music licenced to several US TV shows. Monikered a distant cousin of Kate Bush she has also been likened to Portishead, Tori Amos, PJ Harvey, Alison Goldfrapp and Bjork.

Digging in the Dirt is now released in Europe through the French Label Kitchen Music.

Most of Williams' songs bridge the gap between retro and ultra modern with an operatic, angelic range riding on top of abrasive guitar-driven sounds. (The Missoulian Review)

Not your prototypical pop star and she doesnt give a damn while some will mutter Tori Amos under their breath as they listen to her dynamic album 'Digging In the Dirt', I hear more of a Bjork influence mostly due to their enigmatic songwriting and her underlying attitude a strong singer/songwriter whose background in opera translates into some of her dramatic overtures that she writes into her music. builds into a crescendo amid her whispered laidback vocal attack. (Smother Magazine)

Erinn Williams is a soon-to-be star Digging in the Dirt has songs that cry out words of unrequited love, loneliness and pain. a talented musician with a background in opera with a melancholy mood she pushes the boundaries of what other musicians usually abide by to create songs that truly force the audience to feel the emotions being created every word weaves its way around the hearts of her listeners and pulls them into the musical dream she has created a must-have. (West Coast Performer Magazine)

Sarah J Tingle

Support from local artist/musician who makes various noises with all these things: "acoustic guitar, electric guitar, piano, keyboards, really crap keyboards programming, drums, glockenspioel and other random instruments and things worth making a noise with."

http://www.myspace.com/ sarahjtingle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild
4 makes it cheap at the price!

And there's also the option of eavesdropping on Kashmir Red in the other tunnel. By eavesdropping I mean standing with your ear at the door, since you'll have spent all you money on coming to see us.

I don't have 4. Seriously.

And there's also the option of eavesdropping on Kashmir Red in the other tunnel. By eavesdropping I mean standing with your ear at the door, since you'll have spent all you money on coming to see us.

And also spending money on Erinn Williams and Sarah J. Tingle... I am looking forward to this gig quite alot, it seems like a hundred years since Panda Eyes last played.

Phil, if we had a guestlist, we'd put you on it...

A comeback from the Eyes of Pandas! Very very VERY nice stuff last night guys, esp. the last song (the new 'un).

The Tingle rocks my socks right off. Every time. Lovely stuff :)

The thing that aggravated me the most about this gig was just the sheer amount of utter morons who were too busy being noisy and paying no attention whatsoever to the shudderingly wonderful Erinn Williams. An appreciative Aberdeen audience is slowly becoming a myth.

Wankers.

A comeback from the Eyes of Pandas! Very very VERY nice stuff last night guys, esp. the last song (the new 'un).

The Tingle rocks my socks right off. Every time. Lovely stuff :)

The thing that aggravated me the most about this gig was just the sheer amount of utter morons who were too busy being noisy and paying no attention whatsoever to the shudderingly wonderful Erinn Williams. An appreciative Aberdeen audience is slowly becoming a myth.

Wankers.

Cheers Jess, most folk seemed to really like the last song (No Way Back) and the 2nd one, which we wrote the night before - Marie-Claire was dead nervous about performing that one!

Sarah J. Tingle was really good, despite the guitar meltdown half way through, the droning keyboards are a cool idea.

Erinn Williams really reminded me of Jeff Buckley in places, especially his solo Sin-e era stuff. The opera/aria thing she did I thought was really good. What a voice on her! That, and I loved her guitar, a maple necked 70's Mustang, mmm...

To be honest, I didn't notice that much folk chatting amongst themselves and thankfully the booming noises from the other Tunnel didn't distract me from any of the performances.

Good on Andy and Kevin for putting on another excellent Vocoustics night.