aberdeen-music

New Baby Karma Track and Website online

jester1470

Posting to announce the new Baby Karma website. For those who don't know Baby Karma is the new project by local singer Emma Forman. This is not a finished site but will give people some idea of what we're trying to do.

Baby Karma Website

We have also included a new song, this is a demo of a very poppy song called Times of Trouble, this is unmixed with guide vocals, but gives an idea of where the pop aspect of the band lie.

Times of Trouble demo MP3

I would love some feedback on the track. The project is a rock and pop project.

Looking forward to some constructive comments and feedback.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, I don't want to sound like the punctuation police, but you should remove the superfluous apostrophe from "The Deviada's" (sic).

Also, Emma looks nothing like that picture anymore - get a new one!

Apart from that it's fine. ;)

Guest Puppets
Originally posted by babykarma:

:angel:

yeah would love to know what folks think of the times of trouble track. It's an oldish song but done very differently from before.

cheers,

Emma

You want an honest opinion .

The song itself is very good, but I think that some of the singing(which sounds lovely) is just slightly off pitch every now and then during the verses.

Guest DustyDeviada

yeah it sounds a bit off here and there but it is just guide vocals...also I'm a big linda perry fan...she sings out tune here and there for dramatic effect :cheers:

Aye right! I'll have to remember that next time I'm singing out of tune. "Sorry, it's not that I'm rubbish, I'm doing it deliberately for dramatic effect, a la Linda Perry."

No wonder Four Non Blondes were one hit wonders.

lol...4 non blondes might have been a one hit wonder but linda perry...is now one of the hottest producers in the world now having worked with Pink, Courtney LOve, Faith Hill, Christinia Aquirillia (ok I dinna know how to spell her name but you know who i mean).

I don't sound like her when I sing in tune so I do my best to sound like her when I sing out of tune lol

:bat:

Guest Puppets

yeah it sounds a bit off here and there but it is just guide vocals...also I'm a big linda perry fan...she sings out tune here and there for dramatic effect :cheers:

Slightly off pitch doesn't mean it sounds bad. I like the song a lot, will you be playing any gigs with this project?

The vocals are very rough but we're hoping to finish the 4 track final demo within the next few months - Blair's just made a vocal booth in his studio. Sadly as Blair, the producer runs his own business he's away a lot so the work has slowed up.

Glad the feedback's good, we will be finishing another demo track in the next few days. Emma will be recording some new vocals for these tracks and they'll be mixed and put together, I'm expecting very impressive things of them. Blair is a superb producer and mixed with Emma's great vocals these should be superb tracks, we'll then be approaching both labels and distributers as we finish the album.

The kazoos and kangaroos come from the proposed name of the album.

Baby Karma - Enigma : A True Fable of Kazoos and Kangaroos

This is partly due to my belife that there's not a rock song in the world that couldn't be improved with the aid of a kazoo ;)

Cheers

Stuart

In the modern music world, it ould be argued that the manager is as important as the band, in a lot of cases more so. Although I'm billed as the manager, I'm also involved in the other aspects of the band, such as helping with the music, and co-production with Emma and Blair. The point of the project was to take 3 people with different skills, and see what could happen, each person on the project can veto any of it at any time, also an unusual thing for a manager to be able to do.

Emma sings, produces and writes.

Blair is primarily production and playing, but has got involved in the songwritingmore and more

I am PR/Marketing/Production and have an input into the musical side too.

It was decided when we started this project to give everyone equal billing, and of course I'll be playing the kazoo ;)

Cheers

Stuart