aberdeen-music

Mixtape Presents Crookers (Italy)

ClaireFu

MIXTAPE PRESENTS CROOKERS (ITALY) WITH GILES WALKER - FRIDAY 15TH FEBRUARY

CROOKERS.jpg

Crookers are hitting it big on the current blog scene. Without a doubt the Italian duo of Phra and Bot are constantly delivering some of the freshest tracks around, taking the fidget house sound of Switch a step further and incorporating booty, baile funk and b-more influences. They are soon releasing a twelve-inch in the funk mundial series, which is bound to get euro-crunk fans and DJs hitting the dance-floor hard. This is a night definitely not to be missed.

Advance tickets available at One-Up, Snafu and http://www.clubsnafu.com/boxoffice

http://www.myspace.com/crookers

http://www.clubsnafu.com

Guest Giles Walker

So far this is my fave booking for next year, i cannot hype these dudes enough.

Erol Alkens first tune when he played at Snafu was by them, as was the first tune played by the Adventures Close To Home dudes. Even the bloke from Simian Mobile Disco was bumping their stuff when he played up here.

Even though only about two people who post on this board ever go to clubs anyway, this is not to be missed.

• 1 month later...

im looking forward to this too

speaking of erol alkans set

i actually enjoyed giles set more to be honest, thought erol was good but better first time round

giles, i was wondering i f i could pick your brains / vast archives sometime next week for some electro and disco? basically ive no money and my download powers are restricted by lack of internet!

this is by far one of the bookings for this year that i'm most excited about! tickets are selling pretty well, but there should be some on the door but i'd say it's probably best to get down earlier rather than later if you don't have your ticket yet... otherwise you can get yours HERE, Earl of Sandwich (the green), One-Up (belmont street), Attic (the academy), Retrospect (john street) and at Snafu...

Good mix from the Crookers kids HERE

milner - i disagree with your erol comment, personally!! i really enjoyed both, but for different reasons. his set at triptych last year was very commercial hence the accesibility of that set to most people, whereas the set in december was more focused towards the non-mainstream end of electro verging on tech.... both sets were banging, as was giles, his skills are legend! each to there own boyface.