aberdeen-music

Hardest Pop Punk Bands

Guest Bob

This thread title is a contradiction in terms.

:up:

I'm not usually the first person to defend pop punk, but wouldn't it be awfully boring if no-one ever experimented with music or mixed any styles up? Isn't Jazz-metal an oxymoron too? But yep, punk isn't a style of music etc etc.....jeez I'm bored already!

Guest Steven Dedalus
I'm not usually the first person to defend pop punk, but wouldn't it be awfully boring if no-one ever experimented with music or mixed any styles up? Isn't Jazz-metal an oxymoron too? But yep, punk isn't a style of music etc etc.....jeez I'm bored already!

I think it's more a comment on the fact that pop-punk can't be 'hard'. By definition, it's sort of friendly and cuddly.

I thought that too - but then surely some pop punk bands are softer than others, so Bobs' question is valid. And I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm fairly sure Jake doesn't like pop punk...

i used to not mind the bouncing souls, never really liked the guys voice, but the music was great.

I saw them live supporting Green Day on the Warning tour, they were alright i guess. I was one of the oldest people there (aside from Green Day themselves).

New Found Glory are pretty hard like. Chad might come across as a fluffy bunny, but the rage is still there albeit covered in a sweet saccharine layer.

Guest Steven Dedalus
I thought that too - but then surely some pop punk bands are softer than others, so Bobs' question is valid. And I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm fairly sure Jake doesn't like pop punk...

Fair enough! I take your point!

But I know nowt about pop-punk, so I'll keep my mouth shut from here on in.

Even though I've already said that and haven't managed to.

NFG!!! They're the WORST!!!!!! I fucken hate them!!! It's basically britney spears with guitars, and a male singer...

I disagree, Jordan's vocals are a wee bit annoying (though he's toned them down quite a bit over the past few albums) but you certainly can't deny the positive impact that they had on the whole pop punk genre.

Fenix TX are actually the hardest pop punk band (Strippers, lawsuits, songs about cocks). They were completely under-rated.

I got put off NFG for life after being exposed to it for so long by Mr Timpson, so I haven't listened to any of their other albums.

Fenix TX changed their style too much with Lechuza I think. Going from 'I got a big cock' to the mature songs off Lechuza... I'm not too keen on them but they have some good songs.

MxPx's Life In General is an ace pop punk album, but it's not very hard.

I got put off NFG for life after being exposed to it for so long by Mr Timpson, so I haven't listened to any of their other albums.

Fenix TX changed their style too much with Lechuza I think. Going from 'I got a big cock' to the mature songs off Lechuza... I'm not too keen on them but they have some good songs.

MxPx's Life In General is an ace pop punk album, but it's not very hard.

I though this thread was about the 'hardest pop punk band' not whether we liked them or not...

MxPx are bloody christians, they're not hard.