aberdeen-music

the little kicks

Guest valley69

tis very good indie pop (like the the thills but much less sickly)

but i still reckon the best download on the exile site is le cuts like...it the only one that really gets stuck in me head

Marky has been doing some good stuff lately

the live parts of the real shocks album are getting done there and its sounding dead good so far. Certainly the best drum sound we've got anywhere (including several 'posh' studios down south)

Guest valley69
Originally posted by betamax:

tis very good indie pop (like the the thills but much less sickly)

but i still reckon the best download on the exile site is le cuts like...it the only one that really gets stuck in me head

Marky has been doing some good stuff lately

the live parts of the real shocks album are getting done there and its sounding dead good so far. Certainly the best drum sound we've got anywhere (including several 'posh' studios down south)

well mr betamax, thats the artistic genius of one les willox, hes quality.

glad to hear that the albums going good.

Cool.Didnt realise that that song was available. Glad people liked it and cheers for the feedback.

Its not what we sound like all the time, its just one song in our set that is deliberately quite poppy. Its meant to have a kind of Kinks/Beatles edge to it and be like a short and sweet litttle ditty.

I can see how people would say it sounds a wee bit Thrills like tho. The thing is the song was written nearly a year and a half ago.It was always played accoustic. We were just getting ready to do gigs as a band when the Thrills camed out and I remember thinking fucks sake coz we had this tune and they had a really similar sound.

Weve got our E.P Launch on the 25th May at Cafe Drummonds (Tue). If you like the above song you can should come down and purchase a copy. The E.P has 6tracks on it (all recorded at Exile) and will be either 4 or 5 with a badge (tbc). Should be a good nite,door tax is 2 and the line up so far is as follows:

John Murray (8.30pm) - Solo Accousticness

The Craze (9.15pm) - Harmony Accousticness

The Shakes (10pm) - Really good Rock n Roll music

The Little Kicks (10.50pm)

After gig gathering at Estaminet Upstairs - 12am to 2am

Were playing an hour set with all the songs from our E.P as well as some new stuff and hopefully convince a few folk to part with their hard earned green paper. It would be good to sew a few aberdeen-music.com punters there and put a face to some of the names and avatars kicking about!

Marks recording of us came out really good, Ive been trying to get The Cuts ones to work as well as the others but Im at Uni and computers wont let me!!!!

Will try again later and see what happens!!

Fucking rubbish...

Not really of course, my admiration for ver Kicks is well documented. Successfully blew us clean off stage at the Mefm gig too. Proper quality, well written songs played by genuine talent.

I'll be there on the 25th, with my last fiver at the ready...

p.s. I get a hint of Bluetones?

Im sure we can combine our resources to get you a beverage Keithy boy leaving you with a nice shiny C.D copy of our E.P AND a cold pint of ale.

Im not sure if theres anything better than that, sounds like heaven!

Not sure of the Bluetones thing but maybe, havent really listened to them a lot before. Then again I remember "Slight Return" being good as well as a couple of others.

Maybe we do, not sure, always getting told we sound like something and its always something that Ive never really listened to!

For example, a guy at MEFM said we sounded like The Flaming Lips crossed with The Strokes crossed with some bizarre 80s band whose name escapes me.

One promoter described us as "disco-punk music" which puzzled me and pleased me equally to some extent just because it was so random and probably wrong to be honest!

You guys playing again soon?