aberdeen-music

Melloboat

Bodast

Has anyone else heard about this?

It sounds amazing. Opeth, Comus, Qoph, Anekdoten, Katatonia and a load of others, all playing on a boat between Stockholm and Helsinki next March!

I'm so excited. Just booking my flights now. Is anyone else going?

MySpace.com - Melloboat - Stockholm - Helsinki, SE - Progressive / Folk / Metal - www.myspace.com/melloboat

Jim! I didn't know you were on here. Or that you were in a new band! Maybe I did.. anyway. How are you? Nice picture.

Well I'm leaving Oxford at 1am on the Saturday and could be back by 11pm Monday (but I'm actually staying another day in Stockholm) - don't think it can be cut any tighter than that.

As for Opeth, I had a metal phase last (akademik) year which has more or less passed but I picked up a great admiration of Opeth and casual interests in a number of other metal bands. But back in the day when it was right there playing in my house, I couldn't see any further than System as far as metal is concerned :D

Jim! I didn't know you were on here. Or that you were in a new band! Maybe I did.. anyway. How are you? Nice picture.

Well I'm leaving Oxford at 1am on the Saturday and could be back by 11pm Monday (but I'm actually staying another day in Stockholm) - don't think it can be cut any tighter than that.

As for Opeth, I had a metal phase last (akademik) year which has more or less passed but I picked up a great admiration of Opeth and casual interests in a number of other metal bands. But back in the day when it was right there playing in my house, I couldn't see any further than System as far as metal is concerned :D

Yeah, I thought you might be one of the few people on here who appreciated a good mellotron pic. :up: Doing well, thanks. The band's been going for about a year now, getting along quite nicely.

Sounds like an arduous trip you've got planned. However, with each passing day I find myself more tempted by this gig, so I may try to sort out something similar.

Yeah, I thought you might be one of the few people on here who appreciated a good mellotron pic. :up: Doing well, thanks. The band's been going for about a year now, getting along quite nicely.

Sounds like an arduous trip you've got planned. However, with each passing day I find myself more tempted by this gig, so I may try to sort out something similar.

Glad to hear it, I'll have to come see you guys some time. I just seem to always find that I'm not in Aberdeen. ?(

Yeah, you should see what you can sort out. I'm sure you could rouse some interest in those ruffian friends of yours :) Let me know if you will be anyway, it should be an ace weekend!