aberdeen-music

battle royale

Guest haigyman

Originally posted by Paulscoconutass:

I agree that it's nice to see a new direction but i think it failed most from the transition between full-on gratuitious violence in the first, with little plot and some decent characterisation; to plot-driven violence with far too much chit-chat and backgrounding....

Yeah, it was far to action orientated at times, it just seemed to go on for a bit too long. Given the choice i would still watch battle royale 2, 5 times in a row, than have to sit throught the god awful kill bill vol 2.

• 8 months later...
Guest JockeySnogger
Yeah' date=' my girlfriend rang me up and was like "OMG! THEY'VE FUCKED UP THE SUBTITLES!"

hehe! :D[/quote']

If I had a girlfriend and she said "OMG!", I'd be pretty confused.

Battle Royale is an amazing film though. Its such an original idea for a shoot-em-up. Beats Bruce Willis In a Vest 23, thats for sure

I keep meaning to buy the director's cut of this... especially for the monster DTS track. Along with Ichi the Killer, this is one of my favourite Japanese films of all time.

Incidently, Battle Royale II is being re-released on Japanese DVD as Battle Royale II Revenge (not requiem). This time, for those who can stomach it, there will be 17 minutes of additional footage.

...just my opinion... but the filmmakers need to lose minutes in that movie, not add more.

Oh and it's unsubtitled and will cost you around 30-40 to import it here.

I can think of way better recent Japanese movies to spend that amount of cash on.