aberdeen-music

Guided by Voices

ragudave

Someone did me a favour last year and did me a 2 CD compilation of G B Voices tracks and rarities. I gave it another listen over the weekend and was rather impressed.

As GBV are splitting up soon does anyone recommend any particular album by them ? Or I should save up and get one of their boxsets ?

FWIW I believe Robert Pollard is going to carry on doing solo material after they split. Who knows he might play solo in Scotland some day supporting The Kitchen Cynics...

Dave

Originally posted by ragudave:

FWIW I believe Robert Pollard is going to carry on doing solo material after they split. Who knows he might play solo in Scotland some day supporting The Kitchen Cynics...

Dave

Thank you for that massive compliment, ragudave!!! Funnily enough my 2 vinyl albums were reissued on the same label as Guided By Voices (the label was called Get Happy!).

I like the early stuff, and kind of lost interest after Bee Thousand, but I've been told I should have stuck with them.