aberdeen-music

Man Inc, The Dudley Corp, Large Mound, King Liar, Sat 29th May

Dizzy Storm

thought i'd put all this in one thread now...keep things neat and tidy!! hopefully 'dudley' will post again so we can still have the reviews in his signature as info....

this is gonna be some gig....!! yes a small error on my part means we're combining what would have been 2 separate gigs...but its gonna be a night of great music!!

MAN INC

Meet an in-your-face punk minimalist - one man in a suit, a bass and a kick drum.

Mans one-dude punk show can be positively alarming. Its inflexible, in-yer-face minimalism in the most stringent sense of the idea. Employing heavy downstrokes, Man hammers out bar chords on his bass six-string style keeps steady thump-time with a single kick drum, and his gnarly scream-shout vocal offers up lyrics fraught with good old-fashioned Marxist fun (I dont want to wear your colors/ I dont want to hold your grudge Fuck the Team). check www.beerforman.com for more info/sounds/pictures

THE DUDLEY CORPORATION & LARGE MOUND

..are 2 bands from Ireland. Large Mound = Sebadoh shouting at Thin Lizzy. The Dudley Corporation are lads who've been about Scotland parts before and have toured in the past with Pinback, Rocket From The Crypt and Low. www.thedudleycorporation.com www.largemound.com

local support from KING LIAR AND THE BRUTES

DOORS 8PM

quotes and that galore!

:::The Dudley Corporation:::

May 28 Stereo, Glasgow with Large Mound and Pan

May 29 Dr Drakes, Aberdeen with Large Mound and Man Incorporated

May 30 Subway Live, Edinburgh with Large Mound

June 24 93 Feet East, London with Econoline and The Tycho Brahe

June 25 The Hobgoblin, Brighton with The Tycho Brahe

September Japan!

'In Love With...' is the 2nd LP by Dublin's The Dudley Corporation. Taking their cues from Pinback, Queen, Drive Like Jehu and a little Northern Soul, Hot Press describes the Corpo as 'subtle, bolshy, smart, unpredictable cerebra pop with chords that haven't even been invented yet'. Since the first album they've cemented a position as one of Ireland's favourite live acts, playing with Low, Pinback, Rocket From The Crypt and Steve Malkmus as well as touring in the US and Iceland. The new LP was recorded in Scotland at Chem 19 with The Delgados' string section and features artwork by Atsuo from Japanese sludge rockers Boris. It received stellar reviews on it's Irish release and contains the band's first top 30 single!

"Buy it. The ghost of Chet Baker meets the ghost of Kurt Cobain on a sleepover at Burt Bacharach's ranch." - Evening Herald

"Masters of gentle, wistful songs and lush soundscapes." - OK! Magazine

"Sounding like they're playing their instruments while falling down a flight of stairs, then dusting themselves off for a brief moment of introspection, something special is not far off." - Q

"Complex, edgy, stop-start rushes without becoming too convoluted to jettison their tunes. Super-smart stuff." - Irish Times

"It is a John Cusack of a rock album: the songs full of a robust, boyish energy, an I-can't-stop-myself hyperactivity, a tremendous intelligence

and a tendency to go off without any notice on fantastic, mind-boggling tangents." - Hot Press

"There is so much greatness in this album that it can't be explained in mere words, a little like love itself." - Alternative Ulster, #8 LP of 2003

"a classic is born" - O2 Observer

info@thedudleycorporation.com

www.thedudleycorporation.com

• 2 weeks later...

News just in:

King Liar and the Brutes are not turning punk for anyone.

This promises to be the best night of your short tawdry life. The only two bands in Ireland playing with the only American left alive, alongside The Kings of Brutish Caveman Stomp. I just heard that Drakes will have to close down after this gig because there will be nothing left for them to achieve after this dynamic tour de force.

Get there or get hair you scuzzballs.

I'm there.

Joss, you fool. You better go! I'll beat you with your backpack... a backpack... honestly.

My aim is to have a superior quiff to all the Brutes... even Project S.A.M.

Death befalls you.

You can't beat our quiffs. Guitar wolf trained us and they don't even like anything. Except rock n roll, and they think zombies are funny. Bear in mind that zombies are real people who are now dead and want to eat other humans, so they are not actually funny BUT Guitar Wolf think they are. They just don't give a shit.

Even if you cut a Guitar Wolf, they would just sneer and, when they felt like it (and not before) humiliate you and kill you 10x as bad as you hurt them. Nothing can ever stop them.

Anyway, they cut our hair for us. How do you like that? How do you like the fact that they are playing in London tomorrow night, I have a ticket to see them, and I can't go. How the fuck do you like that?

I would literally pay 100 to any man or woman to take me to London for about 8pm so that I could witness every act playing the Garage that night. None will touch Guitar Wolf. Faggot. What will it take?

I can't believe it. What the fuck is this? I don't care who tells me this, this is no democracy. If it were, why can't I kill indiscriminately? Why won't you shut up? Why aren't Guitar Wolf playing Aberdeen? The Barenaked Ladies did.

Anyway, the pianner in the Card Cheat is great, who played it? No way Joe did. Mikey Gallacher did. Fucking Blockheads.

Originally posted by Comptroller:

You can't beat our quiffs. Guitar wolf trained us and they don't even like anything. Except rock n roll, and they think zombies are funny. Bear in mind that zombies are real people who are now dead and want to eat other humans, so they are not actually funny BUT Guitar Wolf think they are. They just don't give a shit.

Even if you cut a Guitar Wolf, they would just sneer and, when they felt like it (and not before) humiliate you and kill you 10x as bad as you hurt them. Nothing can ever stop them.

Anyway, they cut our hair for us. How do you like that? How do you like the fact that they are playing in London tomorrow night, I have a ticket to see them, and I can't go. How the fuck do you like that?

I would literally pay 100 to any man or woman to take me to London for about 8pm so that I could witness every act playing the Garage that night. None will touch Guitar Wolf. Faggot. What will it take?

I can't believe it. What the fuck is this? I don't care who tells me this, this is no democracy. If it were, why can't I kill indiscriminately? Why won't you shut up? Why aren't Guitar Wolf playing Aberdeen? The Barenaked Ladies did.

Anyway, the pianner in the Card Cheat is great, who played it? No way Joe did. Mikey Gallacher did. Fucking Blockheads.

Real Shocks shelled out like 35 quid return for London flights... but they are for June 5th... so not much use to you, eh? You should have done that in advance, eh?

And quiffs? I could destroy yours... my hair is longer and blonder... thus mightier. You're just lucky it's in my contract to wear a red fucking beret half my fucking life, eh? Or I'd destroy you day after day...night after night.

Zombies dont scare me, I am fearless, I'm already dead. Have you not seen my skin? Corpse grey: it's a delicate shade. That's my slogan. I'd slap you with my synth if my muscles weren't so decayed, thus rendering me in danger of losing a limb. You fuck. I'll eat your quiff for brunch.

Zombies are real... congealed blood is erotic, exotic and zesty good.

You love it.

far too many good nights just now

Top Club Nights

Sun 30 May, Aberdeen

Interesting Music: Phillipe Petit + Sci-Cut DB

Head of the French Bip-Hop label, Phillipe Petit will be playing a

three-hour all girl band DJ set covering all musical genres. Phillipe is

well known for his duel tracking and overlaying even at times adding

some shortwave radio interference, all with typical Gallic panache. In

addition, expect minimalist rhythmic and dub beats from London club

curator Sci-Cut DB. Info...

<http://www.ents24.com/web/event/802554/Interesting_Music.html>