aberdeen-music

do/would people still buy tapes?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Originally posted by Aaron Gilman:

i would be interested, if i owned a tape player, well we do have one but its part of my dads hi-fi, and well thats in the living room, which no body sits in funnily enough

well ive got a decent Technics double tape deck (separate) i could sell you aaron! its been redundant for a few years now...i mostly play vinyl and cds and stuff i can play through my pc...

actually if anyone's interested pm me...open to offers!

sharon

Originally posted by psydoll:

Making up mix CDs is way less satisfying than tapes - you have to put a lot more effort into making them and tapes just generally rule. Go tapes! :up:

That's not always true, when i make CD's i plan out whch songs go on when to make each song stand out the most. I also spend ages trying to decide which songs need mixed together and if they do; how they'll be mixed together. I find that this stops me from getting bored of a CD quickly and i dont find the need to make a new one every week.

I don't really like the ' its only a 5 minute job' approach unless time is tight.