aberdeen-music

orwell last show 2 moro

Guest stuartmaxwell

cheers once again to everyone who came - was the best gig i've played/ watched in a long time :)

Audiences, promoters and the general gig experience are SO much better in aberdeen than in the central belt, believe me. We'll be back soon...

In other news, we met the drummer from Orwell (Gordon?) last night in the Citrus Club in edinburgh - what a gent!

later

Guest stuartmaxwell
Originally posted by chris h:

In other news, we met the drummer from Orwell (Gordon?) last night in the Citrus Club in edinburgh - what a gent!

later

i hope you punched him in the nose :dunce:

he deserves it :p

Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

what a night indeed....

and just to confirm.... Joss (huntedbyafreak) was drunker then me... just ask Frosty...

Hmm. You both scraped through the 'stand on one leg' test, but the level of concentration required was incredible. Possibly a draw...

Guest neil ex

*yawn*

aye well sharon lindsay, you should take some seriously hardcore drugs next time you're at a gig. that would make for some better posting.

Guest RomanChoke

Let me steer the ship for a bit.

Re-emphasising what Bob said earlier, what were the reasons for Orwell splitting up? I'm just curious.

Second of all I'd have to disagree with the Route 2 positive review....all of it. I'm very much not a fan of bands like Balck Atom, but fuck a duck! Route 2 have shown me that music can be played to an all time low. Introducing another cheap metallica sounding band but playing the music quietly whilst pathetically giving the impression they were good from their stage moves, was, quite frankly, one of the worst displays of live music I have ever seen.....Actually, yeah, definitely the worst.

I just hope they find they're own sound and give us something new, or maybe just play something they've really created.

Originally posted by RomanChoke:

Let me steer the ship for a bit.

Re-emphasising what Bob said earlier, what were the reasons for Orwell splitting up? I'm just curious.

Second of all I'd have to disagree with the Route 2 positive review....all of it. I'm very much not a fan of bands like Balck Atom, but fuck a duck! Route 2 have shown me that music can be played to an all time low. Introducing another cheap metallica sounding band but playing the music quietly whilst pathetically giving the impression they were good from their stage moves, was, quite frankly, one of the worst displays of live music I have ever seen.....Actually, yeah, definitely the worst.

I just hope they find they're own sound and give us something new, or maybe just play something they've really created.

Aye, Route Two sucked the big one. Shit sound, and an incredibly lacklustre vocal performance. That boy is no Hetfield.

Also, their bassist player was the biggest buffoon I've met in a long time, and was pissing me off from the second I walked in. There is nothing I hate more than people talking to me when I'm setting my equipment up. That bass playing fool may just have to stick his lead in the amp and set a V EQ (he did that on the bass amp...), but I've got a shitload of things to wire and set up. Then find out how someone else's amp works, and then try and hear myself over the typical drummer "I'm gonna bash things non stop, even though they will sound like that in 5 minutes time"

Drummers remind me of the raver guy who lives next door to me. He's got an incredibly loud car and sits and revs it for 5 minutes before going anywhere, even at 7.30 AM. I can only assume he is making sure it still works...

Hmm, seem to have gone off one.

In conclusion - Route 2 sucked, their bass player was a prick, and I'm a cranky bastard.

Originally posted by craig deadenstereo:

Aye, Route Two sucked the big one. .

CRANKY RANT

. bastard.

I sympathise actually, it always amazes me how unprofessional some people are, both at soundchecks and when performing. Drummers who batter away needlessly at soundchecks, and more especially between songs piss me off. I seem to remember Route two's drummer doing that, although I only caught the last two or three songs. Ans even in that time the bass player annoyed me greatly. Your drummer however was fantastic.

Mind you, I'd better apologise myself for rambling on at you after the gig about your amp, Edinburgh gigs etc., sorry.- at least I waited til after you'd finished...