aberdeen-music

Kef - 03.05.04 SEA,T13,TGF....

Guest highroller

Guest highroller

hey just a mini review from moi....

SEA - I think this was about the third time ive seen SEA and i did enjoy them...it took me a while to get into it...to be honest the thing i was thinking last night was they have REALLY GREAT songs that can really carry them far but no attitude live and dont really let the audience IN...so you are like watching them jam and be lost in music which is cool if you are in a band and love that but it aint going to do much for the average punter....ill look forward to seeing them...i enjoyed them more than ever last night....kinda reminded me of "morning view" incubus although not sounding like a rip off...

T13 - this was the reason i came along as i really hand on heart didnt know the gloria flaw were playing...ive liked these guys since they were interlace...in my opinion they went a little less shoegazey and more rocky with the name change which is cool cos ive never looked back and thought they were better then. They were awesome...really enjoyed the set. It was weird to me to see andrew corse play in another band other than flight but he definitely fits right in...irony is i was stood right next to their old guitar player as well..this band included my fave drummer of the nite...

TGF - WOW! Was the first thing i said to jamesy when they finished...they are part of the very scottish genre that i tend to not really like...its weird...i call it "tele rock" due to the fact that most of these scottish indie bands use telecaster guitars (see x-certs, ficklepublic) etc...the thing is thinking about it i do actually like "tele rock" as i always enjoy fickle, love the x-certs and was blown away by these guys....The singer reminded me very much in style and a bit in voice of the million dead singer...down to the way he held his mic...but that didnt put me off (hehe) These guys really know how play hard...The free cd i got afterward does nothing to justify what they are like...not justr that they are great live...but they do have SONGS which alot of great live bands dont (allergo anyone?) Its just that these songs come alive..err...live...! They really need to capture that spark on record and it will be one hell of a listen.

left before jetplane for undisclosed reasons but those three bands were well worth going.....

the three support bands were brilliant!

to be honest i'm not much of a small enclosed area fan but they really impressed me last night, very cool and it was heartneing to see quite a lot of people on the floor for the opening act.

turning 13...i love these guys, i agree with what ben said in that when they were interlace they were a tad more shoe-gazey but last night they really got into it, sounded fantastic, my only criticism is that it seemed over too quickly. as for the uber-mini pit...more three people spazzing out into each other, i apologise if i rammed into anyone behind me, but i did do my damndest to keep it to us three since no-one else seemed too keen on joining in...but yeah, shame abut the album covers too :( i'll be aquiring a copy of the Cd next week when i have money and will possibly be catching them at T Break :up:

The Gloria Flaw - holy shit. beyond expectations, i'd heard good things but they were astounding. it was strange seeing neil on stage going nuts because he's normally quite...i wouldn't say softly spoken, but near enough, in english tutorials...but still...i thought they were brilliant and it gives me something extra to look forward to on the 28th in forres :)

now onto Jetplane Landing....i thought they were brilliant. It was a good set, loved 'calculating the risk', 'the violence' and 'this is not revolution rock'. Shame the crowd (from where i was at the front) didn't really seem to get going until the last two songs after andrews short talk about bullshit celebrity egos some bands have. Awesome guys, brilliant music,and despite me not having slept within 24 hours when they played, i managed to have a good time dancing at the front :)

Cheers to everyone who came down to Kef last night! Jetplane were just superb, as were SEA and Turning 13. The best set i've seen from SEA in a few gigs (although they are always top notch!) and Turning 13 were rawkin as usual. Very encouraging for the local scene to see such a good turn out, never seen Kef so busy.

I'm so glad I didn't stay in to revise last night... that gig was so good!

I think that's the 4th time I've seen Small Enclosed Area now, and they don't really do anything for me. But a decent performance nonetheless.

After not seeing Turning 13 since August (I didn't enjoy them much 'first time round') last night was so so so impressive! The vocals alone had my jaw dropping. A real joy to watch, 10/10 :D

The Gloria Flaw, as always, were great. The stage presence was ace, and it was obvious the crowd were entertained to the max! I am so in love with the new song to, hubba hubba!

Jetplane Landing put on a great set, but I'm not a big fan...

Overall, a nice 6 spent!

Originally posted by KarmaTsunami:

the three support bands were brilliant!

to be honest i'm not much of a small enclosed area fan but they really impressed me last night, very cool and it was heartneing to see quite a lot of people on the floor for the opening act.

turning 13...i love these guys, i agree with what ben said in that when they were interlace they were a tad more shoe-gazey but last night they really got into it, sounded fantastic, my only criticism is that it seemed over too quickly. as for the uber-mini pit...more three people spazzing out into each other, i apologise if i rammed into anyone behind me, but i did do my damndest to keep it to us three since no-one else seemed too keen on joining in...but yeah, shame abut the album covers too :( i'll be aquiring a copy of the Cd next week when i have money and will possibly be catching them at T Break :up:

The Gloria Flaw - holy shit. beyond expectations, i'd heard good things but they were astounding. it was strange seeing neil on stage going nuts because he's normally quite...i wouldn't say softly spoken, but near enough, in english tutorials...but still...i thought they were brilliant and it gives me something extra to look forward to on the 28th in forres :)

now onto Jetplane Landing....i thought they were brilliant. It was a good set, loved 'calculating the risk', 'the violence' and 'this is not revolution rock'. Shame the crowd (from where i was at the front) didn't really seem to get going until the last two songs after andrews short talk about bullshit celebrity egos some bands have. Awesome guys, brilliant music,and despite me not having slept within 24 hours when they played, i managed to have a good time dancing at the front :)

me me me i danced and jumped about... and you spotted me... undertaking in a nice smoke during jpl...

Originally posted by RossW:

Cheers to everyone who came down to Kef last night! Jetplane were just superb, as were SEA and Turning 13. The best set i've seen from SEA in a few gigs (although they are always top notch!) and Turning 13 were rawkin as usual. Very encouraging for the local scene to see such a good turn out, never seen Kef so busy.

well done mr watson (no longer woss as now a teacher in my eyes)

twas a good gig, shame there wasnt much time to talk to you tho.

will see you at biffy

tata

x

:woohoo:

Will catch up with you next time i'm back Claire, which will probably be at the Biffy gig on the 28th. Not quite a teacher yet, don't get my results for another 6/7 weeks and I really need to get my final assignment done before i've got a hope of passing! On that note, must run and do some work.

Originally posted by drunken claire:

well done mr watson (no longer woss as now a teacher in my eyes)

twas a good gig, shame there wasnt much time to talk to you tho.

will see you at biffy

tata

x

:woohoo: