aberdeen-music

Bollywood

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram

Originally posted by Turnham Green:

I'm currently on a big 1960's/1970's Bollywood film and soundtrack

kick...

http://www.bollywood501.com/index.html

Any other lovers of this much misunderstood and maligned genre?

not quite, but if u enjoy music from the indian subcontinent, I strongly advise you to check out music by, Fundamental, State of Bengal, ADF, Ananda Shanka, U Shrinivas

& the amazing Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. There are lots more ive missed out..........

is that a picture of you in full bollywood gear in your profile there phil? must say you scrub up quite nicely. :D

who'd of thought it would make you look so feminine.

incidentally, i notice you're listening to donovan. did you know he's playing glasgow soon? big poster of it on the side of r & b music.

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by daveofficer:

is that a picture of you in full bollywood gear in your profile there phil? must say you scrub up quite nicely. :D

who'd of thought it would make you look so feminine.

incidentally, i notice you're listening to donovan. did you know he's playing glasgow soon? big poster of it on the side of r & b music.

Hehe, no it's not me, it's actress Zeenat Aman.

I can barely afford to go to a gig in Aberdeen never mind one in Glasgow.

Looks like I'm alone in my liking for Bollywood!

not alone, isn't it something like the second biggest film industry behind hollywood? could be wrong about that. just a lack of appreciation in aberdeen i feel.

personally not my cup of tea, though i did used to watch kabadi all the time when i was younger on channel four. that game is nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

i remember there was some sort of 'bollywood season' on channel 4 last year, and i watched nearly all of the films they showed. there was the old classic stuff, but more contemporary indian cinema, and they were all much better than most of the stuff from hollywood. i think i may research this further, having been reminded..