aberdeen-music

The Needles

cow tipper

Did anyone notice that the lead singer of Pink Grease, who played the Mute night at the Lemon Tree, seemed to have lifted chunks of his between song rapid fire rock & roll "banter" straight from the Dave Dixon catalogue!!

Is it true that The Needles are signed to a Mute Records offshoot?

Originally posted by garygilmore:

Did anyone notice that the lead singer of Pink Grease, who played the Mute night at the Lemon Tree, seemed to have lifted chunks of his between song rapid fire rock & roll "banter" straight from the Dave Dixon catalogue!!

I dunno, but I do know that Pink Grease are equally awesome.

Originally posted by garygilmore:

see that banter..... its generic to all 'garage rock' bands apparently (file under: The Hives) and especially ones from scandanavia

they must all have the same 'training video'

its also popular at Butlins on Karaoke nite...many a time have I imagined wee Dave in a red blazer wearing a spinning bow tie (but thats where the fantasy ends...)

but thats the only bad thing about the needles imo.....the banter and the obvious bruce springsteen posturing ....but the music is generally way too groovy to worry about that.....although I still think they were better when they were raw snot nosed punky kids and never said a word to the audience (circa 98/99 i think).....awesome

i once drunkenly told them they should try and go down a more JSBX angular route (when they were in that odd elvis costello phase) and offered to produce them in a such a way for free......but that was a very long time ago....and its too late now cos every garage band in the universe has done it already

pah