aberdeen-music

Need advice on new guitar...

imprinted

Originally posted by imprinted:

what about esp's/esp ltd's? anyone in aberdeen using one of them? apart from my friend?

Yep, me. ESP Ltd Viper 301.

It has neck thru body construction, is made of good quality mahogany (great sustain and tone), nice abalone flag fret inlays, jumbo frets (24 of them), good quality hardware and tuners, and a set of EMG HZ pickups that sound decent enough (they are basically EMG 81s without the pre-amp). Costs about 450 I think.

Thoroughly recommend them, the Pro series ones are more expensive, but spot-on if you want a serious spec guitar for around 1000.

High out put...pah now this has high out put and goes by the name of the Muther Bucker...Your looking at 4 coil with a resistance of 27.5K...obviously all 4 coils together would be too much output but lots of versatility. Basically two hot rails in one pick up.

WDMB.JPG

or

Bare Knuckle War Pig humbucker with 22.5K resistance. 5 Star award in total guitar...it looks mean and no doubt sounds mean.

48.jpg

Originally posted by imprinted:

cool! the higher end ltd's seem to have a good reputation - where did you get your from rob?

was it from aberdeen or did you go somewhere else to get it (and if so do they have a website!?)

I bought mine in the USA in Oct 2001 for $450. I'd recommend going straight to the UK importers Selectron (they import EMGs too), should get a good price. Try http://www.espguitars.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Tav:

Bare Knuckle War Pig humbucker with 22.5K resistance. 5 Star award in total guitar...it looks mean and no doubt sounds mean.

48.jpg

you can get them undistressed if you ask, best bet is to email tim mills (they guy that makes them) and see what he says

David