aberdeen-music

Grand Final Tonight

Estrella

:laughing:

'We enter the stage feeling confident despite an energetic performance from "Blue Speckled Mitsu's" then being bored to tears by Keane sound alike's "kenetic".'

Just a little bit from Toy's blog...hmmm....sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. I mean, fair enough being bored to tears, but comparing us to Keane...Thats way bellow the Belt. I'm actually hurt!

On a serious note though, is it not funny how these bands can take a battle of the bands so seriously? I know that we can kinda say that we didn't care from the start now that we won it, but anyone thats knows us will know that that was our general opinion from the start to the finish (maybe cared a little more when the flashed 4 grand in fornt of us :D) but that was our feeling about it.

Anyway, the whole compitition was shown to be a farce the moment Stanley were knocked out. I don't care who got through instead of them, they are better than any of the other bands that played that night with us!

Ciaranxx

what terrible sports! seriously. "We enter the stage feeling confident despite an energetic performance from "Blue Speckled Mitsu's""- they obviously thought they were better than everyone else and were going to win. i suppose thats what you get for being that far up your own arse...

Haha! Have you read the whole blog?

Monday' date=' December 04, 2006

Battle of Bands. 06

Current mood: tired

Category: Music

Wednesday, 29th of November, 2006.

2pm. We had just finished band practice with an air of optimism, all creases had been ironed, we seemed to be on form.

2:50pm. Marve and I made our way to the bus stop where Sean was set to meet us at 2:55.

2:51pm. Bus drives past, a feeling of panic drenches us. Marve and I attempt to run, looking like twats in the process.

2:53pm. We see Sean waiting attempting to keep the bus driver from driving away.

2:55pm. We are all safely on the Bus where we politely say hello to Toni, Mark and Gary who also, we were set to meet at the bus stop. Marve eats a banana, Sean drinks his water and i consume a satsuma.

2:10(ish)pm. I get Bored of Marves "Requiem For a Dream" soundtrack and lend Seans "Death in Vegas" best of compilation.

2.12 (ish)pm. I feel inspired.

4:12pm. we arrive in Aberdeen, place our instruments on the ground and make a plan of action over a smoke.

4.27pm. After dropping off luggage and hiring a Bass we make way to Jumpin' Jaks for our sound check.

4.50pm. After a tiring walk we are the 1st band to arrive at Jumpin' Jaks.

5.05pm. Another band arrives, we begin a tedious soundcheck followed by a song which sent fear deep inside our opponents hearts.

around 6pm. Sean and split from Marve and have an egotistical discussion over something to eat. I had a tuna mayonnaise baguette with a side salad and orange juice, Sean had a baked potato with tuna mayonnaise...we both agreed the tuna was of a high standard.

around 7pm onwards to around 10pm. We make way to Maggies flat for some general banter and to spend some time with our girlfriends.

10pm-11.30pm. We arrive at jumpin' jaks for, have a couple of drinks.Battle of the Bands 06 commences and we check our opponents out.

11.30pm. We enter the stage feeling confident despite an energetic performance from "Blue Speckled Mitsu's" then being bored to tears by Keane sound alike's "kenetic".

Everything was about to go wrong before we even begun, the guitar amp seemed to be malfunctioning, and marve was wasted.

Our set went down a vertical slope with each song due to tuning problems and a broken amp. Especially during "womb with a view" which was played completely out of tune. Also, i can be a temperamental bastard at times, frustration got in the way of me tuning my poor excuse for a guitar before the last song and i couldnt help letting everyone know...which is pretty inexcusable. Our last song "Deep Sleep", was mediocre at best, our energy had been drained entirely.

We exited the stage in a hurry knowing damned well we were nowhere near worthy of winning. We were; in seans words, inconsolable.[/quote']

blog.myspace.com/toy3