aberdeen-music

Films of the Year?

KarmaTsunami

having seen Pan's Labyrinth last night I've got to say I thought it was totally over rated. It's been marketed as a creepy monster film and it concentrates more on family stuff and the Spanish Civil war. From that aspect it was a really good film, but from the fairytale aspect I was really disappointed, it needed more monsters and a less cheesy ending.

The Pale Man was ace though, he should have been in it for longer.

having seen Pan's Labyrinth last night I've got to say I thought it was totally over rated. It's been marketed as a creepy monster film and it concentrates more on family stuff and the Spanish Civil war. From that aspect it was a really good film, but from the fairytale aspect I was really disappointed, it needed more monsters and a less cheesy ending.

The Pale Man was ace though, he should have been in it for longer.

Really? I've not seen anything advertising it as a straightforward monster film. How odd.

Actually, I've not seen it really advertised as such, I mean the interviews I've read and the such like seem to promote it as more of a fairy tale.

i agree that i thought it would be much more fairy tale orientated. however, i was pleasantly surprised with the civil war orientation in parts of the film and thought it related back really well to the fantasy parts. no disappointment at all.

I saw it last night and thought it was excellent!

Alun was also there seeing it for his second time I believe.

Yup, was indeed - Picked up many a nuance second spin through, mainly in the soundtrack (particularily the use of foley for the faun and captain). I'm almost tempted to start a thread with a spoiler warning. But I should be working. So maybe later.