aberdeen-music

MySpace sued for fake pages!!!

Guest Neubeatz

Guest Neubeatz

MySpace sued by Universal Music

Universal Music Group is suing MySpace - claiming the online social network site is encouraging its users to illegally share music and music videos.

It accuses MySpace of allowing people to illegally upload videos and of providing the technology for users to share the content with others.

Links to work by its artists including The Killers, Jay-Z and Gwen Stefani are available, Universal alleges.

But MySpace said it acted legally and dismissed the "meritless litigation".

It added that its procedures for removing illegal downloads were good, and that it fully complied with copyright laws.

Guest Neubeatz
As guff as Myspace is, it does help musicians get their music heard and score gigs outside their usual stomping ground.

Universal are a soul sucking major anyway. I hope they lose, and completely waste their money on lawyers.

Yes its a shame that in "Badies vs Badies", the only winners are lawyers.........o_O

Bands should concentrate on making their on pages look half decent, rather than relying on a cheap looking website to promote their songs. And quite frankly, a lot of people will befriend a band just because they think it makes them look cool

Bollocks. What you meant to type is that a lot of the bands using Myspace could do a lot worse than to become a credible bunch of musicians before unleashing their aural shit on the public. The fact that everyone already knows the myspace.com bit makes it far easier to remember than trying to remember a geocities address or something anyway.

I don't understand your issue with the people adding bands just to be 'cool'. Who gives a damn?

Bollocks. What you meant to type is that a lot of the bands using Myspace could do a lot worse than to become a credible bunch of musicians before unleashing their aural shit on the public. The fact that everyone already knows the myspace.com bit makes it far easier to remember than trying to remember a geocities address or something anyway.

I don't understand your issue with the people adding bands just to be 'cool'. Who gives a damn?

mouse does, cause he's obviously a really cool guy. always has been.

OH WAIT....maybe he just sucked up to iron maiden a lot a few years back and thinks it makes him elite metal and therefore above everyone else. who knows?

Funny how the people I've upset are the Myspace users :popcorn:

i would say the only thing that upsets me is your face, but that ain't nice is it?

and yeah i'm really upset, i'm practically crying. i'm so hurt that you would slag off a website that i don't own or have anything to do with running. i've taken this really personally you know.