aberdeen-music

the hours single

stuartmaxwell

one of the few rays of light in radio 1 setlists this week (work radio is always on radio 1, and its generally a pile of shite)

song is called ali in the jungle. superb infectious pop song

have they played up here before? are they one of the secret good underground indie bands who everyone cool likes and have seen play about 6 times in small venues? i get the feeling that they are about to be huge (the fact that they are on a+m would suggest this)

www.myspace.com/thehours

It's Anthony Genn who is mates with Jarvis Cocker and may have been in Pulp at some point. Pretty sure he was involved with Robbie Williams solo career pretty early on and was generally a Britpop scenester type.

Yeah i remember Jarvis raving about them went he edited Observer Music Monthly, think he made it single of the month, and claimed it wasn't nepotism because he finds it very hard to like music by people he knows. From what i've heard of the single it's okay. I remember there being lyrics about Muhammad Ali.

Edit: I've just realised how stupid that last sentence is.

one of the few rays of light in radio 1 setlists this week (work radio is always on radio 1, and its generally a pile of shite)

You should change to radio 2, whilst there is alot of shite played, it's less repeated shite.

I've now taken to bringing in CD's to subject my workmates to though...