aberdeen-music

Cheap, but decent guitars

I found some guitars on the net that are supposedly very nice.

They are called Agile and are Gibson and Fender copies.

They've been getting a very good write up on harmony-central.com - by all accounts are comparable to if not better than epiphones.

However they are coming in at around $199. I've spoke to them, and the shipping to Blighty is $75. When you add import tax + VAT (3% and 17.5%) respectively, at today's exchange rates :- 180 shipped to the door.

The Les Pauls (what I've been looking at) are solid mahogany with maple caps, all bound, rosewood boards, grover tuners, set necks and look pretty nice.

A few people who own Gibsons have been saying on the net that they are of comparable quality to the lower end models, and supposedly sound ace with new pickups.

You can only get them at one music shop in New Jersey called Rondo Music. They don't take credit cards though but have a shop on ebay.com and take paypal.

Think I might get a black les paul likes.

al2500bk1.jpg

al2500bk5a.jpg

Tehy have nice Teles and semis. Not too keen on their Strats.

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/

In a similar vein, I work in a guitar shop down in Edinburgh and we have Westfield Les Pauls in, that are about 120. They are very very nice guitars - well bound, with nice finishes and play pretty well.

If anyone's looking for a second guitar I'd seriously recommend trying one out. I'm pretty picky about guitars and I don't mind these. They're not quite as nice as an epi, but are big time cheaper.

Craig