aberdeen-music

Horns, Keys 4 working band.....

sonhenry

Hey all-

Our rhythm guitarist is moving in a few weeks and that leaves us with a spot to fill- interested in hearing from horn players and keyboard players that might be looking for a gig with a working blues/rock band. Lot's of original material, plans for new CD in the works.

Pro gear, light travel involved. PM me for more details.

Son

Horns etc

Re your ad

I was the original trumpet player in "Lights out by Nine" from Fife and have been thinking about getting back in to regular playing again. (I am an immature 44 year old with a wife and 2 kids and any excuse to justify caning a couple of grand on a bach strad or similar is welcome)

I have some studio experience and listening to your MP3s see a horn section blending in there something along the lines of Robert Cray "Don't be afraid of the dark" Vibe.

There are quite a few band doing Blues Brothers type arrangements which I find overworked as a genre.

A good friend of mine is Mel Ross from Lazy Poker from Dundee and since he started telling me about the thriving blues scene in East Scotland I have become ever so slightly jealous.

I am a consultant in the construction industry but could manage the occasional trip here and there.

Cheers

Ken Shorten

Turriff 07786 265619

Sounds great Ken, I'll give you a call!

I agree about the blues-brothers cover band thing being totally over-done- that's the opposite of where we're coming from. Off the top of my head I'm thinking more along the lines Big Joe Turner and the old Roomful of Blues style stuff crossed with some of 50's Texas-style blues bands with horns. No guys in fedoras...

Who knows where it'll all land in the end, but we write enough of our own material that I think we can avoid the "tribute band to a tribute band" rut.

Oh, Mel has been covering gigs for us pretty regularly these days, tell him I said hi!

• 2 months later...

Horn Player

Hi ,

I see you are looking for horn players, I play sax (all types ) and blues harp and have extensive gigging experience in blues/rock/soul bands , most recently Souled Asylum in Aberdeen, if you are interested get in touch.

QUOTE=sonhenry;557079]Hey all-

Our rhythm guitarist is moving in a few weeks and that leaves us with a spot to fill- interested in hearing from horn players and keyboard players that might be looking for a gig with a working blues/rock band. Lot's of original material, plans for new CD in the works.

Pro gear, light travel involved. PM me for more details.

Son

sent some PM's today. Sorry bout the delay, been away from my computer for a bit here.

We're still looking to add horn players to the band.....

I would love to play in a blues band but definately have too much on my plate at the moment. I will mention it to some friends though, I think Dave has already been in touch with you - excellent sax and harp player. What kind of selection of horns are you looking for? and how many?

Colin

I would love to play in a blues band but definately have too much on my plate at the moment. I will mention it to some friends though, I think Dave has already been in touch with you - excellent sax and harp player. What kind of selection of horns are you looking for? and how many?

Colin

at a minimum we gotta have a good tenor sax and a trumpet player. alto sax is always good in there too.

pm's phone calls going out later today when I wake up a little more, late gig last night...