aberdeen-music

Joe Lally Solo Album 'There To Here'

SteveCrisis

Joe Lally (Fugazi's bassist) has a solo album out just now.

I bought it last weekend but have only recently gotten around to listening to it and I must say I'm impressed.

It features:

Jerry Busher - drums

Amy Farina - drums, backing vocals

Danny Frankel - percussion

Eddie Janney - guitar

Jason Kourkounis - percussion

Ian MacKaye - guitar, backing vocals

Guy Picciotto - guitar, recorder

Antonia Tricarico - backing vocals

Scott Weinrich - guitar

The track lsiting is as follows:

1. Reason To Believe

2. The Resigned

3. Sons and Daughters

4. Like A Baby

5. Lidia's Song

6. Billiards

7. X-Ray The Lullaby

8. There To Here

9. Pick A War

10. Message From Earth

11. Factory Warranty

12. Perforated Line

13. All Must Pay

I got it played at a party on Saturday where it was well received and to be honest I can't get enough of it. I'd say this is a must have for Fugazi fans everywhere.

I bought it last weekend but have only recently gotten around to listening to it and I must say I'm impressed.

It features:

Jerry Busher - drums

Eddie Janney - guitar

Scott Weinrich - guitar

1. Reason To Believe

2. The Resigned

3. Sons and Daughters

4. Like A Baby

5. Lidia's Song

6. Billiards

7. X-Ray The Lullaby

8. There To Here

9. Pick A War

10. Message From Earth

11. Factory Warranty

12. Perforated Line

13. All Must Pay

I got it played at a party on Saturday where it was well received and to be honest I can't get enough of it. I'd say this is a must have for Fugazi fans everywhere.

Oooh, didn't even know about it. Is it a more mellow sound like Recap Modotti (sp?). Is it on Dischord? Presumably he's the lead vocal on the album?

Guy Picciotto playing recorder :D

Oooh, didn't even know about it. Is it a more mellow sound like Recap Modotti (sp?). Is it on Dischord? Presumably he's the lead vocal on the album?

Guy Picciotto playing recorder :D

I didn't eve know about it either but it caught my eye in amongst the Fugazi section in One-Up.

Yes, it's very mellow but dissimilar to that track on End Hits.

Dischord

Yep. Joe on vox all the way through.

How much interest would there be in a Joe Lally show in Aberdeen?

i'd say probably a fair amount. you'd get the fugazi fans going along of which there are a fair few. he also runs a record label putting out psychadelic stonery stuff like dead meadow.

of course it also depends who's in his touring band.

Given the attendance when Fugazi played The Lemon Tree in 1999 I reckon there'd be a shedload of interest

That's still the best gig I've ever been to. :up:

Speaking of old and new fans, did you see the totally old geezer at that gig who was wearing a blazer, had a hearing aid (I think) and maybe a walking stick (although my memory may be making things up now). He was well old, like "war veteran" old and was at the side at the front with presumably his grandson?

That's still the best gig I've ever been to. :up:

Speaking of old and new fans, did you see the totally old geezer at that gig who was wearing a blazer, had a hearing aid (I think) and maybe a walking stick (although my memory may be making things up now). He was well old, like "war veteran" old and was at the side at the front with presumably his grandson?

That is my mate Jeff's grandfather you're referring to!

He's currently 78 but never used or has need of a walking stick and his hearing is still intact. The man has excellent taste in music and is an inspiration to us all!

• Upvote 1

He's currently 78 but never used or has need of a walking stick and his hearing is still intact. The man has excellent taste in music and is an inspiration to us all!

His aul lugs must have taken a battering that night. Apologies for my "stereotypical old man" image overriding my memory! A dude of the highest order :up:

Album is excellent.

Just picked up MacKaye's The Evens - Get Even album also excellent.

Holy smokes, I didn't know about that either. I'll be doing a shop once I get paid.

Brendan Canty solo project? Educational video? "Learn how to drum: you can with Canty"

starts to put jacket on.....

Wait till I tell him he is mentioned in cyberspace, he will be chuffed, his current faves are QOTSA and Your Code Name is Milo, what a geezer :up:

It features:

Jerry Busher - drums

Eddie Janney - guitar

Scott Weinrich - guitar

1. Reason To Believe

2. The Resigned

3. Sons and Daughters

4. Like A Baby

5. Lidia's Song

6. Billiards

7. X-Ray The Lullaby

8. There To Here

9. Pick A War

10. Message From Earth

11. Factory Warranty

12. Perforated Line

13. All Must Pay

Not the liveliest party then?! Bought it today. Pretty chilled. I know he's the bass player and all but I didn't expect erm.....predominantly just bass guitar and vocals! I like it though, lyrically pretty smart. Will see how I get on with it. Would be a cool gig. :up:

Not the liveliest party then?! Bought it today. Pretty chilled. I know he's the bass player and all but I didn't expect erm.....predominantly just bass guitar and vocals! I like it though, lyrically pretty smart. Will see how I get on with it. Would be a cool gig. :up:

:laughing: The party was winding down when I commandeered the CD player and chucked Joe's album on!

I had the same reaction but it does grow on you. Subsequently it's been played every single day.:up: