aberdeen-music

Help!

Guest MKII

Guest DustyDeviada
A three pup humbucker beast to a double single coil, that's a bit of a leap!

Yep! In my opinion everyone should own at least one humbucker equipped Les Paul and one good single coil equipped Fender, but that's just me.

The 52 reissue Tele will be a great guitar too I'm sure, but a shame you had to sell both Les Pauls.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! In my opinion everyone should own at least one humbucker equipped Les Paul and one good single coil equipped Fender' date=' but that's just me.[/quote']

That's kinda my view too (although I'd say a humbucker Gibson as I swither between a LP and 335. Having neither yet, it could end up being costly!)

Guest spikefae20dj

hate to say it, but i told ya

i did warn ya, there there, but don't worry i'm sure a new beast will make u feel better, i mean it aint as tho u can't afford a new guitar

Guest DustyDeviada
Fuck!!! I miss my les paul standard!!! ;(

You know, I'm not usually the kind of person to say "I told you so", but...

I'm willing to bet you find yourself saying "I wish I hadn't sold the Standard" in a few years time.

Another cadillac! I'm still sold on the double hums though.

So is there still hope of a Tele of some variety?

On the assumption you're referring to my post - you just never know!!!

My mate Ali refers to ownership a Les Paul, a Strat and a Tele as having "The Holy Trinity"

I'm tempted to chop in one of the Strats for a Tele, but despite having messed about with several LP's, ESP's, Ibanez's etc, I've had the Fenders for a while and they are just so damn playable. The Sunburst one is very bright in tone, but the Red one has real bite and sustain - extremely versatile.

I think for me, owning a Tele would just be for completeness.

Hah, I was aimed at MKII to be honest, but hell, banter's banter :)

I've just got the strat for bite/LP for mellow double-team right now. You're definately right about having a Tele for completeness though. They're bloody seductive. A jazzbox or semi would be welcome in my collection at some point however...

First thing's first though: an all valve amp is required. I'm thinking Orange Rockverb, although I'd love to try out a Fender Supersonic. Slightly rare around these parts though.