aberdeen-music

Pay to play!?!

Guest Craig

Guest Craig

What the hell? Can I ask if anyone knows why Ten Easy Wishes were pushed into a pay to play situation for the queers gig at Kef?!!

I know that MMW played that night and weren't playing on a PtoP basis. I don't understand how Kef can get away with charging 10EW to play, but not the other support.

I completely disagree with PtoP completely, but if one of the two bands didn't fit the bill for the night I would have seen it as being MMW.

As far as I can see, Kef took advantage of the fact that 10EW love the Queers, and used that against them

Just my $0.02....anyone know any of the reasoning behind all of this?!

gwon

Guest Craig
Originally posted by Suzie:

care?

Yes I care. Paul Stewart NEEDS support bands. If there were no support bands there'd be no gig, and he'd make no money. The idea of charging the BANDS to play a gig is completely rediculous.

And I hate how this has been pushed away to the 10EW forum, I know it probably belongs here, but not as many people will see it here.

I would suggest a boycott of venues that follow these practices. It's fucking rediculous.

i was at the gig and if weapon and 10easy weren't there, you would have had about 10 people through the door. it's a pretty poor situation for the band to find themselves in. nonetheless, the boys were easy the best organised and most professional looing aberdeen band i've come across. they played a great set and did themselves proud. they also got to play a gig with a band who mean a lot to them and although it's not an ideal situation, they got through it and came out on top. as long as they're aware of the situation and keep their eyes open, they'll get on just fine. they seem to be pretty in control of their affairs.

spoonie

X

p.s. the queers were baws!!! :D