aberdeen-music

Bonnie Prince Billy - The Letting Go

Chris

I was holding off buying it till i got the 2 CD version.

However, this has proved impossible - every single on-line CD store I've tried has sold out of it (this include Domino Records). I've also called every record shop in town without success.

Had a look on ebay - prices were closing around the 35 - 40 mark for it.

Rarer than Hen's teeth........

I'd say it was good (at least a 4 star rather than the measley 3 offered). But then I'd hardly call myself impartial...

Play a couple fo the videos on youtube to see if you like but chances are if you liked Cursed Sleep then you'll like the rest of it.

'Then the Leeting Go' is probably my favourite track on it...

The double cd is good should you manage to wangle it!

yea i tried in vain to find the double cd on monday but i was too late :(

the normal edition is worth buying if you're already a fan. as i said in the recent purchases thread it's quite dark and dramatic with lots of lovely moments and some haunting female backing vocals. like neill though i'm probably a little biased.

i'll be searching the torrent sites for the bonus cd i think.

Just bought the 2cd version on ebay for a total of 21.46.

Bit of a rip off in the respect that cost 12.99 on release this week but, compared to the majority of the "Buy It Now" auctions of it, I've saved myself around 15.

Still a few available at that price if you look here -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BONNIE-PRINCE-BILLY-The-Letting-Go-CD-Bonus-CD-LIMITED_W0QQitemZ180031052667QQihZ008QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd say they're not even that high. At least HMV say it's unavailable.

I got the email from Domino in last week and immediately had a look at the link to their shop and it was already sold out there.

Looked at hmv, virgin, cd-wow, play, blahdvd, bangcd and even went as far as googling it but couldn't find a single record shop with it in stock.

Very frustrating.

I suppose, under the circumstances, 21.46 isn't too bad a price when you compare it to the other e-bay prices.

Still 9 available on that link i posted - how the hell did this guy get 10 copies????????

I'd say they're not even that high. At least HMV say it's unavailable.

the girl in hmv didn't even know who bonnie prince billy was when i went in on monday. excusable most of the time but they had a reasonable display of the album down the front of the store. they also said it was still available and put an order in just in case. i know it's slim to none chance but always worth a shot i figure.

Must be the first time i can recall the "limited" version of an album actually being that! Surely Domino would have realised this would happen? Does anyone know how many copies there actually are?

I have it on back order from Virgin too, but as an ex-employee i have little faith i'll ever get it. I once tried to order a Four Tet 7" that we apparently had 100 copies of in the warehouse...and never got it.