aberdeen-music

The Seeds at Drummonds last night

Project S.A.M.

Anyone here at this? Possibly not, seeing as it wasn't very busy. Maybe the 10 entry put some people off checking them out- shame, as it was an amazing gig. It was only the original singer, Sky Saxon, now looking like a tramp in a shiny jacket, with a younger replacement band, but they managed to sound amazingly like the original 60s line up. Sky Saxon didn't have to trade on hero-worship either: I brought some people along with me that didn't have a clue who the Seeds were, much less were they into 60s garage-psyche, yet seemed blown away by the band. This sorta contrasts with the impression I got from the Damo Suzuki gig, but that's another story.

I don't know. Anyone like the Seeds here? The Doors used to support them, you know.

Originally posted by Project S.A.M.:

Anyone here at this? Possibly not, seeing as it wasn't very busy. Maybe the 10 entry put some people off checking them out- shame, as it was an amazing gig. It was only the original singer, Sky Saxon, now looking like a tramp in a shiny jacket, with a younger replacement band, but they managed to sound amazingly like the original 60s line up. Sky Saxon didn't have to trade on hero-worship either: I brought some people along with me that didn't have a clue who the Seeds were, much less were they into 60s garage-psyche, yet seemed blown away by the band. This sorta contrasts with the impression I got from the Damo Suzuki gig, but that's another story.

I don't know. Anyone like the Seeds here? The Doors used to support them, you know.

I liked it a lot. Is the guy really called Sky Saxon? That sounds like a member of the Justice Society, which is kinda rocking. Yep, I'm gonna by a Seeds album I think.