aberdeen-music

Brick

Uncle Mog

Anyone else seen this yet? I've been to see it twice, thought it was brilliant! Loved the dialogue and it was an excellent story. There are also a few theories behind a few things.

The director has his own forum where he answers a lot of questions so if you've seen the film you might find this interesting:

http://www.rcjohnso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I dug this flick deep down, brother child...no that didn't sound right. The dialogue was only really impenetrable in the first half, and films should provide us with a new language anyway. I read a critic argue that the plot is the standard one for films since time immemorial, but I didn't notice this at the time, and I think I'll go and see it again too.

going to see this again tonight, partly so i can understand all the dialogue this time, and partly cos i really enjoyed it and it was free the first time i saw it.

can anyone recommend anything else that joseph gordon-levitt is in. i've seen mysterious skin as well and think he's excellent in both films. and obviously 10 ten things i hate about you is another post-modern classic... :)

fingers crossed for no da vinci code/MI3 trailers tonight!