aberdeen-music

6's tournament at Seaton Park?

Zippy

Oiiii' date=' speak for yourself. I was a youth at Queen Of The South and i played for Max.High Former Pupils in the Southwest Of Scotland League :p

Might be a bit off my game at the moment, but i do have a good turn of pace for a 6'4" man.

Plus Alan Ashes plays league Hockey and both Alex and Roy look like they might be a bit handy.

[/quote']

Yeah ok... second last then.

I had a very strange footballing dream last night. It involved me somehow being signed by Inter and coming on as a supersub in the first game of the season against Juve. Surreal.

Guest neil ex
I think it should be more of a guideline than a rule. A team is a team and should be allowed to participate' date=' but if bands want to enter as a whole it'll make things more interesting.[/quote']

We should just scrap the band rule so that anyone is welcome to play and if you want to get a team together consisting of your bandmates then there's nothing stopping that either.

Came up with a good idea...

How about a 6's football tournament at Seaton Park one Saturday or Sunday in the summer. Saw the 6's tournament at the University in April and looked great fun but it would be hard to get it up to that standard. I've got access to a goal (decent size' date=' not a pair unfortunately) and I'd have to get permission to use it but I reckon I could get it. We'd probably need a couple of ref's, Christy I'm looking in your direction! Wouldn't have to be too special but hopefully get a few teams on the go and have a mini tournament. We'd need bibs aswell.

Gee us a shout if your interested, any suggestions?

It's an idea at the moment but I fancy it![/quote']

Oany room for a veteran ex-Junior???

Kit

Meant to say - I have access to some proper kit. Probably three or four full sets. Water bottles and baws as well.

If you were prepared to come out to Hatton of Fintray (a whopping 8 miles away) we have a full-sized pitch and 7-a-side goals (with nets!) as well.

I could get a local team together and that way the suburban wifies will make sandwiches and stuff for after the game - half-time oranges, the lot.

But it might be a tall order to organise with cars and associated poop.

Meant to say - I have access to some proper kit. Probably three or four full sets. Water bottles and baws as well.

If you were prepared to come out to Hatton of Fintray (a whopping 8 miles away) we have a full-sized pitch and 7-a-side goals (with nets!) as well.

I could get a local team together and that way the suburban wifies will make sandwiches and stuff for after the game - half-time oranges' date=' the lot.

But it might be a tall order to organise with cars and associated poop.[/quote']

Hmmm, cheers for the offer! I suppose where it will be played is open to change. But aye there will be a problem getting everyone to trek 8 miles outside Aberdeen, that's a long way! Drawbacks at Seaton, I guess is that it is a public park, but if we get there early we could set up a decent pitch hopefully.

What does everyone think?

The fact that you've got 7-a-side goals is a bonus.

Guest idol_wild

I would absolutely definitely be up for this. I'd prefer a saturday, but I can book the sunday off work for this.

Now, I just need to get me a team...